Accufab TB & Inlet Dyno Results

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Just got back from dyno testing Accufab's throttle body & inlet. Previous best pull with the stock TB was 494 RWHP/536 RWTQ STD. No changes other than the addition on the new TB was made. I put about 300 miles on the car since installing the new TB to make sure the computer had time to adjust. Today's results were 511/550 STD for an increase of +17/14. Second pull was within 1.3 hp. The A/F ratio richened by 0.5 to 1 point. Not sure if that's related to the new TB or if the coumpter has adjusted since the chip was installed for the previuos dyno test? That probably cost a few HP but at least it shifted in the safe direction. On the graph below Test 2 is stock TB, Test 5 Accufab TB.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Just what type of mods do you need to get to 500 HP????????????

JPL CAI/JDM Superchip/BBK OR H-pipe/Mac Cat back/Accufab TB & inlet/2.8"

JBA shorties & 170°F thermostat going in this weekend. Going to have to try JPL's 2.77" pulley when it comes out, getting too much belt slip with the current setup.

Silver 03 Cobra

What kills me is a lot of people still don't consider the 03 a serious car especially people on **EDITED**. Over 500 at the wheels. SS drivers boast when they have a factory freak putting out 330 rwhp. Look at how many 03 owners are close to 500 rwhp and hitting 11's. There'll never be another car like it unless Ford puts a blower on another bigger 4V.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Silver03Snake,

Better yet it's happening for not very much money. I've spent less than $1200 to get where i'm at, in part thanks to the accufab freebie. How much RWHP will a LS1 pick up for 1200 bucks?

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Your dyno sheets say that they are STP corrected which means that is 4% higher than SAE corrected averages and 2% higher than STD numbers.If you break it down your car still made around 491HP and 528TQ SAE numbers which is still awesome for your mods!:beer:

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
What kills me is a lot of people still don't consider the 03 a serious car especially people on **EDITED**. Over 500 at the wheels. SS drivers boast when they have a factory freak putting out 330 rwhp. Look at how many 03 owners are close to 500 rwhp and hitting 11's. There'll never be another car like it unless Ford puts a blower on another bigger 4V.
Who cares what anyone thinks? Drop the hammer on them. Then see who has the last laugh.

Fiveohdean

Established Member
HIGH ROLLER,

STP & STd are the same according to Superflows web page:

STP -- The STP (also called STD) standard is another power correction standard determined by the SAE. This standard has been stable for a long time and is widely used in the performance industry. Power is corrected to reference conditions of 29.92 InHg (103.3 kPa) of dry air and 60 F (15.5°C). Because the reference conditions include higher pressure and cooler air than the SAE standard, these corrected power numbers will always be about 4 % higher than the SAE power numbers.

Tetge,

Westech in Mira Loma/SuperFlow/$125. You've seen their dyno's in a 1000 MM&FF articles.

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Your A/F looks as good as my stock one!!

Holy crap.

I want to know what kind of gas mileage you get after this with those kind of numbers.

Very nice numbers!! Jeez.

HIGH ROLLER

Established Member
Fiveohdean,
You are correct i read that also but i know on my dyno runs and almost all the ones i have seen on this board between SAE & STD the numbers are alot closer to 2% than there claim of 4%.I always have both SAE & STD numbers printed when i go to the dyno and it is usually about 10HP and 10TQ difference between them on my car.Anyway you look at it you have really strong numbers!:beer:

Fiveohdean

Established Member
matt lankford,

Not a chance. You couldn't pay me to walk through the doors of the shop that SoCalBlk03 used. If fact I drive 70 miles to Westech to get the dyno work done instead of 5 miles to where SoCalBlk03 went!

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
Originally posted by matt lankford
was this done on a superflow dyno ???, no flaming but this is the same dyno that socal03 put down 478 on without a chip or pulley

I couldn't pass up on a reply to this. You guys baked me real good for that dyno. We all learned a lot for it. Those of us going for our first dyno EVER need to ensure the shop has their stuuf in order before we patronise them. Ed's improved, although Tetge and I had to help him fix his computer today so he could print our dyno runs. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread