Accufab Instal Pics & Test Drive

Fiveohdean

Established Member
Just completed installing Accufabs TB & intake. Installation was a snap. However, access to the lower rear intake bolt is limited due to the fuel lines. Before I began the TPS voltage was 1.06 with the stock TB. I also attempted to run the car with the IAC disconnected to see what the stock idle would be. The car wouldn't idle period. Not even for half a second. Possibly poorly adjusted factory throttle position & slightly high TPS voltages are what caused the idle to decrease to a rough 500 rpm with the stock TB when warm? The good news is the Accufab TB cured that. I set the idle slightly too high at 775 rpm (I'll fix that tomorrow). And thats where the idle stays now. Other than the improved idle :) there was no impact on driveability. Throttle movement is smooth with no sticking as some have experienced with the BBK's. Will hit the dyno next Thursday. Can't wait to see the results.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Fiveohdean was one of the three Accufab Contest winners. Lucky dog...

Got Incon?

Government Slave
Established Member
A sticking throttle body is usually caused when the idle set screw is out to far allowing the blade to snap back and bind inside the bore causing it to "stick" next time you push the gas down. All you have to do to fix it is set the screw out just slightly to prevent it from binding. Even an accufab will do this, although I've never seen one come from them that was out of adjustment like that. Then the only issue is if the fit is to sloppy, when you adjust it to keep the bind out, your idle may be way to high due to excessive air getting by the throttle blade and not the IAC.

Users who are viewing this thread