Accufab idle problem

Jagged Edge

Established Member
I just installed a Accufab tb with intake. I am having a problem with the idle rpms... it's high, about 1200 and it's slow to come down when you rev it.
Could it be the set screw for the blade that is set so it's not closing all the way, or something with that little black sending unit with the connector on it on the side of the tb?
Thanks in advance for your help
JE

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You can adjust the voltage but I would wait a couple of days and let the computer reset itself. I'm assuming you disconnected the battery when you installed the throttle body. If not, don't bother at this point. It would just take a bit longer for the computer to adjust. If after a couple of days the idle is still high then adjust the voltage.

I had this very same problem with my Accufab. The idle dropped to normal after a day and a half. Been fine ever since.

wuplash

Established Member
i had this same problem but mine was due to having the wrong throttle blade installed when it was built hince i could not get the tps voltage down to the desired .98 volts.accufab fixed the problem free of charge and apologized for the mixup.once i had the tps voltage set to .98 mine immediately idled at 750 and the rpm's came down quick if i raced the motor up:)

Users who are viewing this thread