Accident with no insurance or accident information

verbal

Established Member
My wife was involved in a car accident this evening. The other driver was at fault but was completely belligerent to my wife after the accident. He was yelling at her and cursing at her blaming her for the accident. My wife called the police and never talked to him.

The police came and determined that my wife had the right of way. They wrote the other driver a ticket and gave my wife a case number and a card for CrashDocs. The card says that the report will be available in 5 to 7 days. Does anyone know if this is how this really works? How can they expect someone, who needs to call the other driver's insurance company, to wait a week?

I guess we need to call the police department tomorrow. I checked the department's CrashDocs site and there are no accidents posted within the last week. This happened in Ewing, NJ.

97snakebite

Established Member
that sucks...and yes thats how it is...gotta wait for the report..just contact your insurance...they will take care of it all..btw their 5-7 is business days and will not start till monday more then likely

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
You can try to contact the officer who worked your accident and ask for the other driver's information and contact his insurance company. You can do this by calling his department's dispatch non emergency number or main number and ask for a desk sergeant or watch commander. Try and call during his shift, I.E. If the wreck was in the morning or late afternoon then those are two different watches. Typically if you're involved in a wreck you should exchange information with the other driver prior to leaving the scene. If you're unable to contact the officer, then your insurance company can do the leg work for you after you give them the case number. Good luck

verbal

Established Member
My wife contacted the records department today and they said the officer has not submitted the report yet and that his entire unit is off until Monday.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing moves as fast as you'd like when it comes to government. Frustrating I'm sure.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Have your insurance company do the work, that's why you pay them. They will take your deductible, take care of you and then return your deductible when they recover the money from the other company. My dad was just in an accident where another party t-boned him and it took about a week from the accident to when he got the replacement car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Have your insurance company do the work, that's why you pay them.
^^This.
That will get the ball rolling for you and at least you will it have reported to your insurance company. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread