Accessory drive idler pulleys

RedfireRed03

Established Member
What size are the idler pullies on the accessory drive belt? Also, what brands are available in aftermarket? Will all of the proper sized single bearing idlers work?

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We have some idler pulleys by Thump Racing that you can replace the factory idlers will, they are available smooth and grooved. Check out all the idlers we have available from them in the link below...

Thump Racing : Lethal Performance, Performance parts for Ford Mustangs

Of course, your SVTP member discount is good to be used when placing an order for these pulleys online by using discount code "SVTPERF". Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks.

RedfireRed03

Established Member
Thanks for the information. Can you tell me the diameter of those pullies and whether the dual bearing will work or if I need the single bearing for the accessory drive? Thanks

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
I'm not sure what stock size is, but everything listed on our site will work. Thump did not say if the dual bearing idlers would not work, but they confirmed the singles are a perfect fit.

RedfireRed03

Established Member
I appreciate the info. Can anyone help with the size of the accessory drive pulleys? Those look good, but i don't want to get 3 undersized pulleys and have excessive belt slack. Looks like they have 60, 70, 76, 90, and 100 mm sizes.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
Best way to figure this out would be to measure what you have on the car currently and go from there. They *should* all be the same size.

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
From what I could find, 19A216 seems to be the part number from ford for the Idler pulley on the accessory drive.

Cross referencing that number, it shows to be a 76mm pulley.

Hope that helps

John

RedfireRed03

Established Member
Thanks guys. I figured I would have to measure to get a definitive answer, but thought for sure someone had experienced this! I'll make sure to post my results to clarify. I'll be in touch with you guys soon, John.

RedfireRed03

Established Member
Alright, haven't gotten under the car, but the grooved one I could measure from the top is 76 mm. I'll update on the rest when I get it in the air.

RedfireRed03

Established Member
Finally got the motivation to work on it today. Here's the rundown:

3 accessory idlers: 2 grooved 76 MM (3") and 1 smooth that measured 90 MM (3 1/2")
Accessory tensioner pulley: smooth 76 MM (3")
Supercharger tensioner pulley: 8 Rib 76 MM (3")

The interior belt is 6 rib, I believe, so from what I understand, none of the double bearing idlers from Metco, BF, etc. will work since they are made for the 8 rib supercharger setup. The width of the accessory idler pulleys is 1 3/16". Looks like I'll be ordering those Thumps from Lethal.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread