Acceptable tread depth

ModsAway

Established Member
Needless to say my stock eagle F1's are getting quite bald... I am getting the AFS 10.5 wheels for the back and was wondering how much tread depth should I have left so I can still run the stock tires up front for a few more miles.

I of course don't want to compromise on handling or stopping distance, if I gotta get new tires up front as well no worries.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
If you can run your hand around the outside of your tire and you don't experience the same excruciation pain of having a frayed steel cable slip through you're hands........you're golden.

Nuclrslug

Kwality iz job won.
Established Member
........But seriously folks. What is the wear bar limit? Something like 1/16 or 3/32"? I rotated my old F-1's last year (I waited too long, the rears were pretty smooth) and it turned it into a hydroplaining SOB. That and the fact that when you put the rears on the front, which wear flat, they tend to pull like a mother. I put Continental ContiExtremeContacts on all the way around. Love it now, I run the 10.5's and BFG Drags at the track.

ModsAway

Established Member
TTT.

Any other opinions? BTW I can't believe this is already 7 pages back when I posted yesterday.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
If it's in question I would definately get rid of them, I don't think it's worth the safety hazard, but I have lived by the rule of 1/8" or less they're toast.

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
I try not to run anything below 4/32" No matter what it is on, I don't even know if a new drag radials tread depth is that deep though.

Users who are viewing this thread