Accell or MSD

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I'm fixing to buy some coil packs for my L. Which should I buy? Accell for 199.00 or MSD for 349.95? I'm sure the MSD is better but is it 140.00 more? What everybodys thought on it?

Thanks
Chris

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I personally know of 6+ trucks that have had problems with the Accel coils, if your not having any problems then consider yourself lucky

Derek2001

Established Member
I have msd and like them. They werent cheap though. Stockers are probably your best bet, not cheap either.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
I had GMS COP's and had no issues with them. That being said, I'm going to stick with what works for the fast fellas.... Stock COP's.

LightningLou

Established Member
Accels here only because the previous owner put them on. 6lber ported eaton and no troubles or spark difficulties on these coils. In my honest opinion they are exactly the same as stockers.

H8IMPORTS

Established Member
I've got a really bad miss in my truck and it only starts after the truck is warmed up. So IMO it has to be a coil pack breaking down. I replaces some already that I thought were bad but none help. So Instead of keep guessing I was going to replace all 8 with new ones. The cheapest I've seen for factory Fords are 65.00 each thats 520.00 for 8. Lightning force has 8 Msd coil packs on sell for 349.95 and the accells for 199.00 for 8. Thats the main reason I was wanting to go with MSD or Accell just because of the price.

Chris

BC Lightning

Project Panty Dropper
Established Member
I've got a really bad miss in my truck and it only starts after the truck is warmed up. So IMO it has to be a coil pack breaking down. I replaces some already that I thought were bad but none help. So Instead of keep guessing I was going to replace all 8 with new ones. The cheapest I've seen for factory Fords are 65.00 each thats 520.00 for 8. Lightning force has 8 Msd coil packs on sell for 349.95 and the accells for 199.00 for 8. Thats the main reason I was wanting to go with MSD or Accell just because of the price.

Chris

LFP sells the stock cops for 48.95 each, thats 391.60 for all 8

http://www.lightningforceperformance.com/ignition-amp-fuel-upgrades-coils-c-232_173_174.html

Users who are viewing this thread