Acceleration issue,vibration...

Om3ga47

PIIHB
Established Member
On top end or a good load. Has happened in fourth each time,I am WOT,about 4000-6400 and I am getting a heavy vibration with hardly any power to accelerate. Am a bit worried,yet to compression test but want to see if anyone has had this problem.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Does it feel like a driveline vibration or coming from the engine?

It could be spark blow out - it feels like a very high frequency vibration felt throughout the whole car and power drops off quite noticeably, can hardly accelerate if it's bad enough.

I experienced it this winter - my plugs were gapped a bit too wide (.035) for the cold temperatures / resulting increased boost and they were blowing out above 4,000 RPM or so at WOT. Drove fine until I really got into boost, re-gapped and no more blowout (.032).

Another thing that can cause a bad vibration in the driveline during acceleration is a bad pilot bearing (holds the input shaft in place) - if that goes bad, then there will be a pretty bad vibration that will make the dash sing/resonate, most prominent when you go to shift and clutch in, gets worse. However the power output shouldn't be affected.

I guess slipping clutch is another thing to check, but probably wouldn't be causing a bad vibration.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread