AC Vent Gauge Pods (Group Buy Thread)

Ironhand

Banned
Got mine today! Love them thanks Ironhand
aeeb879b-9008-e6f8.jpg

:beer:

Btw how's the pup?

got mine today, that was fast! thank you so much for making such an awesome product!!

hope your puppy is doing ok

Im very surprised they got to you that quickly. Writing your address down was very interesting. lol

He is doing better. He is on a few different meds right now.

Ironhand

Banned
Shipped:

N/Angel USPS 6-7
JohnnyM USPS 6-7

Ruthless Fedex 6-7
gabe1530 Fedex Air Mailed
OH3BLKSVT Fedex 6-7
Eaglei532 Fedex 6-7
8URZ-28 Fedex 6-7
Hmbre97 Fedex 6-7
Huachipato Fedex 6-7
95SC Fedex 6-7
supraman1990 Fedex 6-7
vickerW Fedex 6-7
devous1 Fedex 6-7

MBoyle1 Fedex 6-13 468814815103364
fha8388 Fedex 6-13 468814815103357
BadAzztt Fedex 6-13 468814815103340

Thats for a total of 31 pods. If you did pay me and you are not on the above list please send me a PM with your real name so I can look it up in paypal.

Going out today:
z06h8tr USPS

Last edited:

JohnnyM

Established Member
That's incredible, here I am just a few hundred miles away and just north of the US and I have yet to receive them and yet N/Angel in Switzerland has already received them.

Ironhand, did you get send them with tracking?

Ironhand

Banned
That's incredible, here I am just a few hundred miles away and just north of the US and I have yet to receive them and yet N/Angel in Switzerland has already received them.

Ironhand, did you get send them with tracking?

I should have tracking but I have to find the receipt. I have way too many shipping forms on my desk. Ill throw it up as soon as I find it.

Got mine today!! looks great!! what are the washers for?

The washer goes in-between the vent pod and the nipple that sticks out of the bezel to help prevent rattling. The gauge pod was tight on the passenger side opening and loose on the driver side opening on mine. So I included a washer to take up any slack in the plastic trim piece.

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I had the issue of it not connecting on the nipple, i just put my driver side pod in some water on the stove and pulled it a little....works great now. Thanks again, Ironhand!

Last edited:

Ironhand

Banned
I had the issue of it not connecting on the nipple, i just put my driver side pod in some water on the stove and pulled it a little....works great now. Thanks again, Ironhand!

The heat does some odd things to the dash in cars. Mine sat in the Texas sun for over 2 years so some free play had to be through in.

JohnnyM

Established Member
Got mine today.
One question, what is anyone doing when the right side of the gauge does not sit flush to the angled face of the pod? I believe you had a pic that you showed where you mention that it still needed some tweaking.
I guess depending on the model of gauge and it's bezel, the gauge itself will have to be painted black, my case the Autometers I'm using have a white body.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Got mine last Tuesday right as I was heading out for a road trip. Finally made it back home, and just finished installing the gauges.
IMAG0973.jpg

So far I think it looks great! My only concern at the moment is that the gauges weigh down the vents to the low position (pictured). The range of up and down movement is quite limited though. I think it will work fine for me none the less. I'll provide more feedback soon.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I lived with them for a week. They really look great. I don't feel like I'm looking away from the road too much when I'm reading the gauges where they are at.

There is one problem though - it is the total lack of air control. I really thought that the angle the pods were mounted at would push the air somewhat toward the driver. With the fan at the low speed setting 1 - it kind of hits my right shoulder. Any setting higher than that, and it would just push the air straight back from the middle vents, totally missing me and the passenger. It leaves me with the one vent on the left to work with, and it is not very effective when things start getting hot. Essentially - I came the same conclusion that Hmbre97 did - in that I really need that cold air on me for the Texas Summer months.

The product otherwise it top notch. The quality is there - it is a very sturdy well constructed product. I wish even if it was fixed to do so, that it would just push air in my direction. I think I may have also been a little less of an issue if I only installed 1 vent instead of the two.

Anyways - that is my feedback on the AC Vent Pods.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
I lived with them for a week. They really look great. I don't feel like I'm looking away from the road too much when I'm reading the gauges where they are at.

There is one problem though - it is the total lack of air control. I really thought that the angle the pods were mounted at would push the air somewhat toward the driver. With the fan at the low speed setting 1 - it kind of hits my right shoulder. Any setting higher than that, and it would just push the air straight back from the middle vents, totally missing me and the passenger. It leaves me with the one vent on the left to work with, and it is not very effective when things start getting hot. Essentially - I came the same conclusion that Hmbre97 did - in that I really need that cold air on me for the Texas Summer months.

The product otherwise it top notch. The quality is there - it is a very sturdy well constructed product. I wish even if it was fixed to do so, that it would just push air in my direction. I think I may have also been a little less of an issue if I only installed 1 vent instead of the two.

Anyways - that is my feedback on the AC Vent Pods.

So are you keeping them or selling them?

Saleian

Established Member
Does anyone have one they wish to sell. Just found this thread and I have been looking for this product for quite some time

tread72

http://i77.photobucket.co
Established Member
well may be we can start a wish list and if there is enough people interested there might a chance down the road

Users who are viewing this thread