AC help pls

spinscan

Established Member
I drove the car yesterday and ac is working great. I get into car this am and no cold air at all. Blower working fine, fuses look good. What else should I look for before taking it in to a shop. I know pretty much zip about auto ac.

Thanks

VENMS04

Established Member
I just replaced the AC compressor on my 04, I took it to my local ford dealership had them check it out they found the leak. But it was going to cost me $1200,00 for them to fix it. I laughed at them and paid them $70.00. for the diagnosis. Its fairly simple to replace the compressor and condensor all parts and freon came out to $480.00 from Orielys new compressor i read the remanufactuerd wernt that great. I was able to complete the task with a basic Craftsman tool box in my garage. The tricky part is finding someone who does AC servicing and has a vacum pump and lines and gauges to clean out the lines and vacum the whole system prior to adding new freon. I was lucky my nieghbor does commercial HVAC and we were able to get it done. Now my AC is ice cold.

weaselp1

Established Member
OP - if you replace the condenser/compressor it is good practice to also replace the accumulator (dryer) while doing the repair to avoid future headaches down the road. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread