AC Fill/Possible Leak?

lovebread

Established Member
Hey Guys

Finally getting around to recharging my AC system since last rupturing the line when installing my Paxton. I'm running into a bit of trouble trying to figure out either a) if my ac system has a leak or b) the recharge canister I'm using is busted.

I've located the fill port by the battery tray and removed both the battery/tray to access the port, slipped the canister fill nozzle over the port and it's not registering anything in the "safe" zone, or anything at all for that matter. I can tell the compressor cycles on eventually but without anything in the system I'm not sure if it's filling up or not. The fill port isn't getting cold and it's a total PITA to shake the can up in the space we're given.

I tried pulling the trigger a few times on the can but nothing seems to be coming out even when i press the pin in.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

BrianH87

Established Member
A vacuum pump is a must if the system is flat. Only two things belong in a refrigeration / air conditioning circuit - Oil and refrigerant. Air will cause all kinds of issues. Higher head pressures, freeze ups, sludge, acid, etc...

slick3

Established Member
Take it to a shop.

QFT.

Not that you are incapable of doing it... it just seems you don't have the right tools to get it done correctly. Frankly its not worth buying them either if this is a one off. Getting it properly charged will be WAY CHEAPER in the long run than if you screw the system up. Compressors, condensers and the like, are far from cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread