Ac compressor

jdcobra

Established Member
Recently just picked up a 2017 GT and I’ve noticed the compressor cycling on and off about every 8-10 seconds. Can’t remember if that’s normal or not. The cabin stays cool and there’s no fluctuation of temperature or loss of cold air.

Also, I would post in the S550 group, but nobody has posted there in a while it seems so I figured I’d try my luck here.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
I would rent a set of gauges from Autozone and check the pressures, your charge may be low.

SHOdown220

Established Member
Like previously mentioned the charge may be low. You still under 3/36 by chance? I remember when I worked for Ford the S550 evaporator cores leaking, we were doing probably 1 a week and that was a small dealer. I know the 15-16 models had the issue I just don't remember if the 17 models had it or not. Part of me wants to say they changed the part for 17+

jdcobra

Established Member
Like previously mentioned the charge may be low. You still under 3/36 by chance? I remember when I worked for Ford the S550 evaporator cores leaking, we were doing probably 1 a week and that was a small dealer. I know the 15-16 models had the issue I just don't remember if the 17 models had it or not. Part of me wants to say they changed the part for 17+

No unfortunately not :/ I’ll have to wait until this crap passes before getting it looked at I guess. I hope they did lol.

Users who are viewing this thread