ac compressor squeak

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Well its been a while since i posted but i just put 1500 miles on my cobra over the holiday weekend w/ only one issue. ON my trip down to NC someting on the belt was squeaking really bad. finially i figured out it was only squeaking when the Heat was on, I had the top down at night blasting the heat and was using the AC setting so it would come out the vents.

So now that i am not engaging the compressor there is no squeak except on any startup where everything is not super hot.

It will squeak for 1-2 seconds ALMOST everytime i start the car

the only time it wont squeak on start up is when i was in 95 degree heat and the engine was hot as hell (driving for 12 hours)

if i run it hard but then restart it in the evening when it is cooler is will squeak.

it is a brand new good year gatorback belt and thats when all this started but the belt is on right (i have checked 100 times)

If this isnt something simple point me to the nearest ac delete kit.....

Doug

That Person.
Established Member
put some wd40 on the pulley. You may have to apply a couple times.

Happened to me with the idler pulley after the last rebuild. After 2 days of coating the pulley with wd40 it stopped for good.

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
Hmm may be easy enough Can i get it on the belt seems like wd 40 on the belt seems like that would be a bad idea. did you remove the belt to spray the pulley.

its like squeak squeak done. I had a bad idler pulley that squeaked all the tiem and the pulled had to be replaced on my mark viii it doesnt sound like that and that squeak was constant and went up w/ rpms this one doesnt.

Would a bearing grease be better than wd 40?

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
So it does it when you crank the car on?

I'd wager new belt. Kinda sounds like yours is glazed.

shipwreck17

I Bleed Blue
Established Member
I put on this belt and it squeaked on start up so i cleaned it w/ some degreaser that said it was safe for rubber? It has over 2000 miles on it now should it still be doing thise.

Users who are viewing this thread