ABS

Pure Vennom

Established Member
I just noticed that my ABS light is on. Anyone had this problem? I am at 5500 miles. Just had my Mods done and I hate to take them off before I take it in for service. I will if I have to though.

Any feed back on this one?

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
You can try unhooking the battery for a while to reset it but if it comes back on get it checked right away . dont want to mess with the brakes .Just a thought but if your worried about mods maybe take it to a brake shop cheaper than a voided warrenty. Of corse the mods shoulnt affect the abs computer.

SC457A

Established Member
just unhookin battery wont fix it... if the light came on there is a problem.. could be as simple as a loose speed sensor.. or a lot worse..

does it stay on all the time?

TDS-03

Established Member
Could easily just be one of the sensors, I had one go out a while back, all you will see is the warning light. Did not have any mods then, so did not have to worry. Hopefully an easy fix. Good Luck.

Pure Vennom

Established Member
ABS light stays on all the time. Sometimes I feel a little tiny slip or smothing in the front. It has gone off for a very short time once or twice and then right back on.

Do you guys think I should (a) take it to my local mechanic for a check up first, (b) take the mode off and then to the dealer, (c) or just take it to the dealer with the mods on it.

When they hook up to the service port to find the code won't the reading tell them it is chipped.

Other then that everything seems to be OK with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread