ABS with 9" rear or 8.8" with 9" ends

anvrsy red vert

Established Member
What are your plans for the car? Drag only w/o ABS..... 9" w/ 33 spline axles and a detroit locker diff. is a pretty stout selection! Good choice. You can run this combo on the street so why even worry about the ABS? BTW, I did mention 33 spline; if you're going with the 9" you might as well go with the bigger axles too. Just my 2 cnts.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
undrpresr said:
...snip... I want to do this but I have no idea what to do about ABS, no one has an answer.
...snip...

Delete the ABS and go with the live axle or build a level 5 IRS like I have done and keep ABS, simple. :read:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
ive shot the spider gears through the back of a 9" housing (on bias ply tires even) so dont be thinking they're indestructable.

most of the sport utes have the 8.8 irs in them and the trucks have the dana 60(?). perhaps the dana bits can be adapted, if you just need a strong rear end and it doesnt have to be a 9" (poor man's quickchange)

have you considered talking to someplace like currie enterprises? i bet they've had this question before

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
SVC Performance installed a 9 inch rear in a Cobra a few months ago. I thought it was a Moser too. Maybe you should call them and ask what they did about the ABS. I have no idea if they retained it or not. They are located on Scottsdale if you want to call.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Wow. If you drive like that on the streets, I would save some money to pay for your future legal issues. Isn't there a track somewhere near you that you can play at to your heart's content?

Users who are viewing this thread