ABS Troubleshooting

arayray

Established Member
Replaced both front abs sensors not long ago and everything was perfect up onto now. I have an intermittent abs light, no DTC codes (does abs report to obd2?). I pulled abs codes and got the following: 31, 33 and 63. Continuity fault left front & right front and voltage supply interruption. Any ideas?

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
My ABS light is on all the time, but doesn't affect braking....so I'm leaving it alone. Not springing for a new module if that is the issue. Haven't looked at cleaning the sensors though.

CzchMex

Established Member
My ABS light is on all the time, but doesn't affect braking....so I'm leaving it alone. Not springing for a new module if that is the issue. Haven't looked at cleaning the sensors though.

Sure about that? When the light turns on the car is supposed to disable ABS. This happens to me occasionally - ever since I upgraded rims. The size difference causes an imbalance in the front/rear rotation is what triggers it. Restarting the car fixes it. However when the light does turn on I lose anti-lock

I am not sure about the continuity issue, but just check the actual sensor. I found that mine had a lot of metal shavings that were magnetized to the actual sensor and would occasionally touch the ring notches. Since I cleaned it I haven't seen my ABS triggered nearly as often.

traktrbeam

Oh Noes!
Established Member
Premium Member
CMEX, yeah I know TC is disabled when the ABS light is on. Had to stand on the brakes because of some idiot....I was doing around 70 MPH, tires did not skid at all.

CzchMex

Established Member
CMEX, yeah I know TC is disabled when the ABS light is on. Had to stand on the brakes because of some idiot....I was doing around 70 MPH, tires did not skid at all.

There is always that one dumb-dumb that ruins it for our drive. People pull out in front of me all the time in the Cobra. Never my other cars though...

arayray

Established Member
So the last time I took it out, the light did not come on at all.. I will have to take a look at the wires but I'm pretty sure they are good.

Users who are viewing this thread