ABS light on, driver side coner light on,car wont start...HELP!

spikyflame

Right Near The Beach
Established Member
This just happened today... my driver side coner light stayed on, driver side headlight off, abs light turned on. So as soon as all this happened, I pulled over turned the car off and checked under the hood. Went back to start the car and it didn't turn on, didn't crank, but still has full battery. Opened the hood againg and moved the positive terminal around, then my driver side corner light turned off. Then i started the car but the abs light stayed on, driver side headlight off...please help, I'm clueless!!

SNAKEYE

Established Member
"moved the positive terminal around"?
Have you cleaned and tightened both battery terminals since the incident?
Have you driven the car since the ABS light came on? If the ABS light coming on was related to a bad battery connection it may correct itself after driving faster than 15 MPH.
Best of luck.

spikyflame

Right Near The Beach
Established Member
I will try this, but doesn't show any sign that it could be the battery terminals... everything works but just dosent crack, unless I unplug one of the fuses and plug it back in again. Then It would crank up. But would still do every thin else(driverside signal light stays on, abs light on, driverside head light off.)

SNAKEYE

Established Member
According to the wiring diagram for the anti-theft system, the switch in the driver's door (located in the front edge of the door) serves two functons when the door is open: 1) turn on the courtesy lights, and 2) signals the PATS module to flash the THEFT light. This is done by use of a double pole switch, one for each function. It may be that the switch contacts for the PATS circuit may be stuck closed resulting in a continually flashing THEFT light. If this is occuring it may also be possible that the PATS system is turning on the corner light. Pull the switch and inspect it for any failure to operate properly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread