abs light and traction control

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
sensors going bad? check the brake lines? do you have different diameter tires by +/- 3% from factory?

Boss75

Shoot first
Established Member
Try cleaning the ABS sensor on each wheel. Also check to make sure there are no cracks or anything in the sensor or lines.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Most likely could be your sensors, my abs light and traction light came on one time and had ford replace a rear abs sensor.

DRTHV8R

I am your father.
Established Member
i don't know if this could be a problem or not but i had my ABS light turn on and off to eventually staying on and not coming off.. car felt fine and stopped great. Then i realized one of my rear shocks was shot.. after replacing the shocks it went off..

Oh yeah i cleared the codes before and after the shocks installs.

Last edited:

1967eleanor

factory spoiler delete yo
Established Member
if your abs light comes on your t/c will automaticly disable itself illuminating both lights

wallie40

Established Member
You cant scan it with a regular hand scanner. Somoene with an ABS scanner(ford stealership) can do it for a regular norminal fee.

-pAul

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
I had this problem with mine too, so I checked both side ABS lines... turns out the my left ABS line was cut by my rims. The bracket that holds it in place bent a little too far out when I changed my springs to coilovers.... that was a stupid mistake but easy fix.

masalacobra

01 Cobra
Established Member
I had this problem with mine too, so I checked both side ABS lines... turns out the my left ABS line was cut by my rims. The bracket that holds it in place bent a little too far out when I changed my springs to coilovers.... that was a stupid mistake but easy fix.

Users who are viewing this thread