ABS hydraulic block leaking

Andy M

Established Member
Guys,

Just wondering if anyone here has had issues with the ABS block (not the electronic module, but the actual pump)? Mine starting leaking fluid just recently from some sort of black plug just to the bottom of where the two lines come in from the master cylinder are. Not sure what the heck that plug is there for but that is where the fluid is leaking from. Is this some sort of weep hole plug (kinda like a freeze plug on an engine block?) so that when the hydraulic pump blows a seal, you still have brakes? at least until the master cylinder reservoir runs out of fluid that is... :rolleyes:

At any rate, I have one on order and will get it changed this week at a dealer friend of mine. They have the electronic gizmo necessary to bleed all the ABS lines.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced this same sort of problem? I am wondering how common this might be?

Bruce, you're the expert here :rockon:... whataya think?....

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Mine's still working and NOT leaking so I don't have a lot of experience with it! :shrug: Unless you want to consider getting air in it experience! :fart:

Good luck with it though! :thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Andy M

Established Member
Bruce, et al,

I have a new hydraulic block ordered and it is in and will be installed this Friday. One of our SCMC members works at a Lincoln dealership and graciously offered to order it for me AND one of his mechanics will install it and they also have the electronic computer needed to properly bleed the ABS once installed.

So, I should be back in business by the weekend. I am trying to get the car ready for a TWS track event (SVTOA/Track Guys) in late March. :rockon:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Bruce, et al,

I have a new hydraulic block ordered and it is in and will be installed this Friday. One of our SCMC members works at a Lincoln dealership and graciously offered to order it for me AND one of his mechanics will install it and they also have the electronic computer needed to properly bleed the ABS once installed.

So, I should be back in business by the weekend. I am trying to get the car ready for a TWS track event (SVTOA/Track Guys) in late March. :rockon:

Andy,

I'm glad to see you having FUN again. :thumbsup:
Good luck with the ABS repair. :rockon:

Andy M

Established Member
Thanks Gene! Dude, I cannot wait to get on track again!!:banana: I really really miss the track scene.

Although I won't be able to make it this year, I'd like to plan an away track event for next year... we need to figure out where to meet up so we can all go out and play!! How far of a drive is Tulsa OK for you?? I have not been to Hallet in 6 years and am really wanting to go back. That is one really fun track!

later buddy!:beer:

Cobra R Man

IMSA RACE CAR
Established Member
Thanks Gene! Dude, I cannot wait to get on track again!!:banana: I really really miss the track scene.

Although I won't be able to make it this year, I'd like to plan an away track event for next year... we need to figure out where to meet up so we can all go out and play!! How far of a drive is Tulsa OK for you?? I have not been to Hallet in 6 years and am really wanting to go back. That is one really fun track!

It looks like a long way on the map(I'll have to map it out). This economy has me with flat tires :poke: (for traveling). I'm signed up for the 45th(6hrs away), but that's about it for now.

I really enjoyed our times at/on track. :beer:

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member

Andy,

Good having you back. I am saving funds for Barber in April. I am sure you will have a blast at TWS in March. Unfortunately, I don't think that one is in the cards for me, nor Tulsa. Maybe MSR Houston in the fall.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread