ABS Delete (VERY easy to do)

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
I know a lot of us Cobra guys have done this in the past for various reasons. Most of us "racers" do it to shave weight since the ABS pump is quite heavy. There's a few ways to accomplish this to end up with the same results and a few companies machine some really nice pieces for a "plug-n-play" application. I was in the middle of a 35 spline rear end build for my cobra and decided I was going to ditch the ABS.

To make a long story short, I came across a company called "Infinite Machine Concepts" and spoke with Abraham Pagan. They make custom ABS delete blocks at a REALLY good price. You can find his company through Facebook and contact them that way. I installed the ABS delete block and it couldn't have been any simpler. I just wanted to share some photos with you guys in case anyone decided to do this. He is also going to offer the ABS block with a provision for a line-lock. I'll be getting one of those really soon since my car is still down right now.

abs_zpselp59oyy.jpg

20150709_200643_RichtoneHDR_zpsditp5cx9.jpg

Here is the ABS pump still installed on my car:
20150729_171807_zpsdhwkyg0e.jpg

ABS pump removed, Delete block installed:
20150729_174719_zpspf1m4hfi.jpg

20150729_174739_zpssrhhuoi3.jpg

01yellercobra

Established Member
Was your ABS pump working when you pulled it off? Would you be interested in selling it if it was?

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
nice. a few years ago I bought a couple of pieces from prb machining, one with line lock, one without. I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. these look very similar to the ones phil was offering, are you aware of any differences from this company? also are the fittings generally easy to remove with a regular flare nut wrench? I wouldn't want to round them

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
nice. a few years ago I bought a couple of pieces from prb machining, one with line lock, one without. I just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. these look very similar to the ones phil was offering, are you aware of any differences from this company? also are the fittings generally easy to remove with a regular flare nut wrench? I wouldn't want to round them

They are very easy to remove. Mine came loose very easily.

Getting ready to do mine. I'm having him make mine lighter weight with provision for line lock.

Nice! I definitely want to pick one up with the line lock provisions.

oxford03cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
just received my abs delete block in the mail today ill probably install it this weekend

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Is there any warning lights or error codes resulting from removing the ABS?

wicked46 correct me if im wrong but yes the abs light in the dash will remain on after removing the stock unit. it is recommended to remove the light from the dash, tape off the end of the harness, and remove the fuse(s)

Boogie Chillin

Pew, pew, ... pew, pew, pew.
Established Member
wicked46 correct me if im wrong but yes the abs light in the dash will remain on after removing the stock unit. it is recommended to remove the light from the dash, tape off the end of the harness, and remove the fuse(s)

That's what I was thinking. I was considering getting phil's block a while ago but I remember there was something about warning lights and/or an errors and passed on it.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i replaced mine a while back, its not 18 lbs. also whoever is installing them will do themselves a favor and use flared wrenches. those bolts strip really easy for be careful. also, good luck on bleeding your brakes. it took me about 4xs to bleed them and i still have some air in them but not as bad as it was initially. i got mine used for $100 shipped off eBay. i thought about the delete but 03DSG told me i shouldn't delete it and he has been right about everything so far on my repairs. have fun with the install lol

also, have someone pass it down to you form the top so you can align it easier while you guide it from the bottom, it will make life easier. also there is a video on a gy doing it on youtube and reaching for a bolt far in...don't do that lol. it would've saved me 15 mins not trying to finagle the bolt out when its just sitting there (you will see what i mean when you remove it). any questions feel free to pm me

Last edited:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
That's what I was thinking. I was considering getting phil's block a while ago but I remember there was something about warning lights and/or an errors and passed on it.

i dont think that it's a bad thing tho, or should discourage anyone from doing it. it is just part of correctly removing the abs component from the system in its entirety. the bulb in the dash is pretty easy to get to.

Joyrider564

Established Member
OP did you have any issues bleeding the brakes after the install? I will probably order one soon and do this as well.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member

Correct... I plan to pull the bulb later.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
i replaced mine a while back, its not 18 lbs. also whoever is installing them will do themselves a favor and use flared wrenches. those bolts strip really easy for be careful. also, good luck on bleeding your brakes. it took me about 4xs to bleed them and i still have some air in them but not as bad as it was initially. i got mine used for $100 shipped off eBay. i thought about the delete but 03DSG told me i shouldn't delete it and he has been right about everything so far on my repairs. have fun with the install lol

also, have someone pass it down to you form the top so you can align it easier while you guide it from the bottom, it will make life easier. also there is a video on a gy doing it on youtube and reaching for a bolt far in...don't do that lol. it would've saved me 15 mins not trying to finagle the bolt out when its just sitting there (you will see what i mean when you remove it). any questions feel free to pm me

Not sure why it took you so long. I had the old ABS pump out and delete block installed in 30min. Bleeding the brakes was a piece of cake. No issues there either.

OP did you have any issues bleeding the brakes after the install? I will probably order one soon and do this as well.
No, the brakes were super easy to bleed. No issues at all, no leaks and no air left in the system. Bleeding brakes is easy so i'm not sure why some people are having problems.

BTW, The ABS block from Infinite Machine Concepts is MUCH cheaper than Phil's block.

Users who are viewing this thread