ABS / Braking Problem

sassafras

Established Member
For the past two days the car has been skipping/pulsating under braking. It doesn't occur under the entire stop only from about 10 mph to a dead stop, that is to say if I'm stopping from 55 the brakes will feel normal until about 10mph at which I can feel and hear the brake pedal pulsate and skip on/off underneath my foot. After it does this, the ABS warning light will kick on and stay on and braking will return to normal during a complete stop.

I've already taken off all of the ABS sensors and while they weren't gunked up I gave them a good cleaning anyways.

Anyone have an idea what could be going on?

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Shouldn't the ECU have a memory of the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC)? All Mustangs since 1999 can run the DTC check on the dash before start up, but I don't believe any of the codes read under that method start with anything other than P, e.g. P0402.

The ABS codes begin with B, C, or U. You may be able to read these codes with a handheld, but I'd just as soon run it to the dealership. It's a quick plug and check to see where the problem is focused.

sassafras

Established Member
Shouldn't the ECU have a memory of the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC)? All Mustangs since 1999 can run the DTC check on the dash before start up, but I don't believe any of the codes read under that method start with anything other than P, e.g. P0402.

The ABS codes begin with B, C, or U. You may be able to read these codes with a handheld, but I'd just as soon run it to the dealership. It's a quick plug and check to see where the problem is focused.

I thought a normal handheld won't read ABS codes.

03SVTCOBRA10TH

Established Member
Your problem is low brake fluid, due to pad wear or leak, or swollen brake lines. I would inspect pad/rotors for wear, replace ruber lins lines with a SS line kit front/rear, and flush/refill brake fluid with new.

sassafras

Established Member
Your problem is low brake fluid, due to pad wear or leak, or swollen brake lines. I would inspect pad/rotors for wear, replace ruber lins lines with a SS line kit front/rear, and flush/refill brake fluid with new.

Don't think so, I said the ABS light, not the parking brake light.

Users who are viewing this thread