About to raise my car

GHOST99

Established Member
I have been debating on this since I got my car last year. It was already lowered on Sportlines. I guess the slammed look is not for me. I think the raked look is better. The car looks small compared to other mustangs. I clean a friends 12 GT500 up and it makes my car look like a toy when sitting next to it.

Is this just me or does anyone else think the slammed look makes the car look small and not like a muscle car?

Also as I have said before the ride is too bouncy also.

Gonna go with Steeda Ultralites. Got a set of Shelby CS40s coming and I will raise the car after I put them on. Maybe the stock 18 inch wheels makes the car look like it does.

Give me you opinions on this.

Last edited:

GT915

Established Member
I think the new wheels will change how you view the car. I do however understand you wanting to change the springs to get that raked look and to improve the ride. FWIW BMR springs gave my car a slight nose down attitude and is not bouncy or hard to live with....plus I don't have to avoid speed bumps. Be sure to post pics of your new wheels.

GHOST99

Established Member
Thanks for the input. Keep the thoughts coming. Glad to see I'm not crazy for liking the raked look. This is my fourth mustang but the first that has been lowered.

Tron84

Damn Newb
Established Member
I've always thought a slammed mustang looks goofy too. I'm mostly talking air bag slammed, but the sport lines are getting kinda close to that

GHOST99

Established Member
I think the new wheels will change how you view the car. I do however understand you wanting to change the springs to get that raked look and to improve the ride. FWIW BMR springs gave my car a slight nose down attitude and is not bouncy or hard to live with....plus I don't have to avoid speed bumps. Be sure to post pics of your new wheels.

I have changed my mind.

1033710c-5e73-4449-902d-8667be4cde0b_zpsfrru7uhj.jpg

FIVEHOE

Established Member
I think it looks great, I wouldn't change a thing

kevin2970

NSFW302
Established Member
I like raked look with Welds and a drag setup but I also like the low aggressive road racer look

GHOST99

Established Member
Whats are you leaning toward with the car? Drag/ street/ track?

Only street. No drag or track. Trying to get as comfortable as possible. I know that is asking a lot for Sportlines but they came on the car when I bought it. Now I love the look and don't wanna change them. LOL.

Users who are viewing this thread