About to pull trigger on an 03 need inuput

sccomedic

(warning this will be a long post)

Long time reader first time poster here. Back in high school these cars were the hot things on the streets and I've always had a yearning for that sweet sweet raspy exhaust note of a 03-04 Cobra. First of all let me thank everyone for being so awesome on this forum coming from Subaru guys at NASIOC this is a welcomed relief of overall comradery.
Now I am not a rich man but when I saw an 03 on CL for 14.5. I had to check it out for a fun weekend/scare my wife car. It has 114k on it and it is CLEAN and stock (supposedly). It is late 03 production and door sticker matches the (tick fix) issue paint is an 8/10 he said it was his DD interiors stock and just the seatbelt retractors are finicky. Runs drives great of course I check it out on the first day in a year it rains so i couldnt give it a proper test drive, but no issues driving it around just you can tell suspension is 114k old and tired. Carfax is clean and he states his family bought it off original owner.
Now what concerns me; the guy is in his 20's it has the stock clutch and only maintence has been fluids and eaton is due for an oil change. The pulley cover ive seen on some cobras is missing, but pulley shows no dimple of a puller. He said due to long commutes roadrash beat up bumper and hood so it has newer paint. He has a cash loan against it so bank owns the title (I guess it's proof it's clean). I think it's he's a tough spot to sell it, it's been on the market over a week and without me even mentioning intrest he dropped it to 13k. I honestly think 11k is possible due to clutch being a ticking time bomb and any other maintence that would be required (timing chains? Coils? Plugs? Fuel filter/pump?)

Questions comments concerns greatly appreciated!! This novel was typed on my iPad so please excuse any grammar errors and again YOU GUYS ROCK!

Thanks!
-Rob

Users who are viewing this thread