About to order Longtubes got some questions

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
I am about to order a set of ARH 1 7/8 longtubes with the 3 inch offroad x pipe for my 07 gt500 with a 3.4 whipple.
curiuos as to what others are picking up with a set of longubes and a whipples. Also if other people have a similiar set up if you could post exhaust videos that would be great! and what are you guys doing with your over the axel pipes since they are 2.5 inches and the x pipe is 3'. any help would be great

Van@RevanRacing

I am about to order a set of ARH 1 7/8 longtubes with the 3 inch offroad x pipe for my 07 gt500 with a 3.4 whipple.
curiuos as to what others are picking up with a set of longubes and a whipples. Also if other people have a similiar set up if you could post exhaust videos that would be great! and what are you guys doing with your over the axel pipes since they are 2.5 inches and the x pipe is 3'. any help would be great

American Racing Headers runs the 1 7/8th header into a 3" collector, the off road pipe connects to the 3" collector and then after the X pipe ARH necks the off road pipe down to 2.5" to mate up with your over the axle tubes (aka stock cat back system)

You also have the option of an off road H-pipe which has a very deep tone and throaty sound where the X is going to be a little more raspy. I've got ARH long tubes in stock as well.

Van

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
I've been a die hard x pipe fan lol does anyone have exhaust clips of longtubes and offroad h pipes ? I have a borla stinger axel back as well !

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
American Racing Headers runs the 1 7/8th header into a 3" collector, the off road pipe connects to the 3" collector and then after the X pipe ARH necks the off road pipe down to 2.5" to mate up with your over the axle tubes (aka stock cat back system)

You also have the option of an off road H-pipe which has a very deep tone and throaty sound where the X is going to be a little more raspy. I've got ARH long tubes in stock as well.

Van

Oh ok cool I've been wondering about that lol wonder if it effects power that much not having a full 3 inch exhaust

brian98svtsnake

Established Member
Is there a specific reason your going with ARH? I don't have an opinion either way, just curious why you picked them over Kooks/Dynatech etc. I've heard 30-40 rwhp is expected. I have Kooks 1 7/8" with off road X going on as soon as I get a nice day to drop my car off.

Van@RevanRacing

Oh ok cool I've been wondering about that lol wonder if it effects power that much not having a full 3 inch exhaust

Logistically it can inhibit air flow through the 2.5" reduction. The cool thing is that if you ever did buy a 3" axle back it's not difficult to take of the H or X pipe and have a muffler shop enlarge it back up to 3" to work with a larger axle back system. The higher you go up in boost the more of a restriction it can become.

Is there a specific reason your going with ARH? I don't have an opinion either way, just curious why you picked them over Kooks/Dynatech etc. I've heard 30-40 rwhp is expected. I have Kooks 1 7/8" with off road X going on as soon as I get a nice day to drop my car off.

A couple reasons why folks choose American Racing Headers. They are certified 100% Made in America. They are the only header manufacturer with that certification. Another reason for choosing American Racing Headers is that their 3" spiked merge collector is a known commodity to help increase horsepower through the collector. Knowing you're buying a product that is 100% Made in America is simply something not everybody can provide. Here's a link to the organization that certified American Racing Headers and the rigors of what it takes to get certified.

http://usa-c.com/certification

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
My tuner is suggesting arh longtubes and have always heard great things about their products. Hoping to pick up some much needed power and trq. And more importantly make the car breath easier lol

Kenneth

Established Member
My setup is Dynatech longtubes, Dynatech off road H-pipe Dynomax resonators.
I tries the Borla mufflers on my car, lasted for maybe 5 miles. wake the dead loud.
Went back home and re-installed the stock mufflers.

When I addad the longtubes to my car, with no other changes I picked up 35 rwhp 31 rwt

- Aj -

Established Member
Dynatech hpipe? I have only seen their xpipe.

Last edited:

tvspower

Established Member
Van an 08 with ARH ...What catted H version do you recommend to help pass emissions???? I have KR's and modified H welded .....

Users who are viewing this thread