about to order a nitrous kit for the 12', any recommendations?

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
thinking im liking the plate kit set up, do those kits fit under the engine cover and can you mount them with the solenoids bellow the throttle body(flip the plate upside down)? the sneakier the better... if you have pics of your set ups please post.
thanks, Brandon

04compgt

Established Member
the plate setup is not very hidden, the JMS dry kit actually cannot be seen under the hood and has really good reviews.

Juiced 66

Established Member
I like NX and nitrous outlet stuff a lot. ZEX is nice also and a lot easier to install. I just switched to a blower and sold my wet kit, but I still have a nitrous outlet billet plate for a 5.0.. it's only a couple months old, and is in perfect shape. They are like $350 new, but if you want it I'll let you have it for $150. Just thought I'd throw that out there if your interested.

D.T.R

Established Member
I like NX and nitrous outlet stuff a lot. ZEX is nice also and a lot easier to install. I just switched to a blower and sold my wet kit, but I still have a nitrous outlet billet plate for a 5.0.. it's only a couple months old, and is in perfect shape. They are like $350 new, but if you want it I'll let you have it for $150. Just thought I'd throw that out there if your interested.

PM'd

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Just an FYI that if you are going to run a purge kit on the NX plate kit you will need extra fittings as the feed line is 3an on the solenoid side.

I have a very nice NX remote bottle opener and automatic bottle heater in the classifieds also btw ;)

D.T.R

Established Member
Just an FYI that if you are going to run a purge kit on the NX plate kit you will need extra fittings as the feed line is 3an on the solenoid side.

I have a very nice NX remote bottle opener and automatic bottle heater in the classifieds also btw ;)

I'm a little confused :(
I am currently running a purge with my NX fogger system.
The fitting at the plate is 3an? dang it...

Last edited:

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Yeah, I don't know why they did that but I had to buy an extra fitting and line to get mine going. Those parts aren't cheap either.

D.T.R

Established Member
Can't I just change the fittings AT THE PLATE, instead of changing the lines I already have?

deepsouthtech

Established Member
Been a while since I had the kit so I don't remember the specifics, but you will still have the 3an feed line to deal with and I don't think that they make the purge solenoid adapter in 3an.

stagedz

Cobra Convert
Established Member
I don't know how the 5.0's pumps are setup, but if your a worry wart like me you might want to look into an NX "SAFE" setup so that you don't have to worry about any lean spikes and can spray in race fuel while driving on 93.

D.T.R

Established Member
Been a while since I had the kit so I don't remember the specifics, but you will still have the 3an feed line to deal with and I don't think that they make the purge solenoid adapter in 3an.

I already have an NX nozzle kit, with 4an lines. I'm pretty sure I could just change the fittings AT the plate, and reuse everything else... including my 4an lines.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
im gonna go blower so if you want a good deal on my zex kit ill sell it to you with the purge kit included for $600 shipped...kit was $625 and the purge kit was $105 thats $730...used the system one time works perfectly...went 10.96 on 100 shot....let me know if interested...

alex12gt

Established Member
the nx plate kit hides very well i met a guy last week with it and you couldnt even tell it was there and the bottle was tucked in the spare tire well

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Can't I just change the fittings AT THE PLATE, instead of changing the lines I already have?

The fitting at the plate is where the jet goes, cant be changed. You will need a male 3an to 4an reducer coupler and a male/female 4an adapter with a port for the purge. Then you will also need a 12" nitrous line with a 4an female on one end and a 3an female on the other. If your not running a purge then the line from the bottle just attaches to the plate, 3an with jet there nothing else needed.

I just installed my NX plate system with purge and Im gonna post pics and tips in a new thread shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread