About to get started

jufrank96

Established Member
Let's see how this goes, my 96 cobra has about 150,000 miles on it most of which are highway miles. I have some money saved up and im trying to figure out which way I want to go with the car. My goal is to get 400rwhp and still be able to drive the car from Washington DC to SC. Im thinking a procharger is the best way to go since it has an intercooler. What I really want to know is what mods do I need to do before I buy the procharger that would make the car reliable for daily use.

boduke0220

Established Member
might wanna do a leakdown test to see how the rings are. IMO id go n/a on such a high milage motor.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
What about a 100 shot? Nitrous is only on when you want it to be, so it probably wouldn't be so hard on the motor... Is my reasoning correct? :shrug:

19whitesnake97

Established Member
You guys are scaring me. I just put a kenne bell 1.5 on my 97 with around 90K on it. I only plan on running 6 pounds of boost an shooting for 350ish to the rear wheels. If the motor had 150K on it like yours I'd prob be looking into stroker kits since I'd be planning on rebuilding it in the not too distant future.

boduke0220

Established Member
idk if i'd do n20 either..because when nitrous comes in doesnt it kinda "shock" the drivetrain with all the torque?

Users who are viewing this thread