About the KB's...

Terminator03

banned
I've been out the scene for a little while but I heard the oil spray issue is gone. Is this true, any feedback appreciated.

xenon

Established Member
There is some oil vapor that vents out the top of the snout vent. It isn’t much. Jim Hodges ran 15 psi at 160 mph in the Silver State Classic and said vapor was no problem whatsoever. Strictly Performance use a catch can and hose on high boost (20+) application and claims no problems at 15 psi. Richard (Hammer) runs 18 psi and at 660 hp he claims it’s not a problem on his car. I could go on and on about all the kits we’ve sold that have no complaints. Nevertheless, there is some vapor - and there is more at 20 psi. At Kenne Bell all complaints we receive by phone or email are monitored and immediately analyzed. Some Cobra owners did not like the idea of vented vapor so we now furnish a neat little hose and plastic catch bottle that captures ALL vapor at ANY boost. That’s all that’s required. If there is any accumulation in the bottle, just dump it back into the supercharger. One example we checked out was excessive but it was because the supercharger oil level was too high.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7175

Juiced-03

Established Member
Good to see you back man. You should check out the new Procharger kit. I was gung-ho on the KB but then my full attention got turned on the ATI PC kit :)

Terminator03

banned
Thanks alot xenon. Juiced, what up though? I gotta tell ya, it's great to be back. After kicking around all the possibilities the KB sounds like the best option at this point in time for me. Based on my experiance being the test mule can be time consuming and stressfull. Never the less I've always enjoyed all my mods. But its hard to beat a kit thats been tested and tuned by many. Good luck with the Pro-Charger though, sounds like tons of fun.

Users who are viewing this thread