??? about rotors

MineralGT

SoCal Stangs Member
Established Member
I just got the FR500 rims and now I really need a brake upgrade...I was thinking of just getting the crossdrilled and slotted rotors and painting the calipers so it didn't look so plain...are there any rotors out there that are better than others and what type of paint should I use?

nastygt

Officially Crazy
Established Member
They have actual brake paint at pretty much any auto parts store my buddy painted his red about 2 months ago and its still holding on. I have Power Stop on my car as well does my brother they work awesome. I even use the Advance Auto Part brake pads on mine and they still stop on a dime. I could tell a difference because I bought Hawk when I first got them. I think any type would be good.

281cubes

Wish I Had an SVT
People will tell you that cross-drilled rotors are prone to cracking, which is true if you go with some cheesy bottom-of-the-line brand. Ebay has a wide selection of rotors from OEM all the way up to Brembo and Baer. I got all four of my PowerSlot slotted rotors for $140. Or, you can look into a Cobra brake kit with larger rotors. Lots of options. :)

03Ford46

Established Member
I had a set of Brembo cross drilled units crack on an Evo3 I used to own back in the day. So yes even an expensive set can crack over time. The slotted alone work fine and PowerSlot units are reasonably priced. Naturally a good set of ceramic pads and some SS braided lines should be used as well if you want it to work to the best of your cars ability. Of course a big brake kit including calipers, rotors, pads and lines would be a good idea if your stock stuff still doesn't seem like it will work. Especially if your going to road race your car.

Matt94GT

Established Member
I wouldnt bother getting fancy rotors untill you have the funds to upgrade to some nice 13" Cobra brakes. They arnt too pricey check out ebay for them. You will notice a big diffrence, they can even come powercoated red or black!

Users who are viewing this thread