? about ProChargers

UR-SNAKE-B8

Established Member
Although I havent heard one on a car myself yet, i plan to have my P1SC kit in a few weeks. Just curious.... do they produce a decent amount of "Blower Whine"?? damn i love that sound??

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
you'll really like it if you do a blow through MAF, then you can vent your BOV into the atmoshpere like me and have that turbo BOV sound!!!

v624vRuss

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
you'll really like it if you do a blow through MAF, then you can vent your BOV into the atmoshpere like me and have that turbo BOV sound!!!

dont mean to be rude but who cares about the 'turbo sound' its a supercharger . . but at any rate, the p1sc is hardcore loud, you cant lie to anyone about not having a blower! its SO loud i love it :D

mdog

Established Member
I have P1 and blow through MAF as well and the sound is very nice. Build up some boost and let off the gas. Ahhhhhh..... that was nice!:)

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
v624vRuss said:
dont mean to be rude but who cares about the 'turbo sound' its a supercharger . . but at any rate, the p1sc is hardcore loud, you cant lie to anyone about not having a blower! its SO loud i love it :D

people like the BOV sound. It sounds cool, and when you got power to back it up you can like what you want I guess. To me the best part about a turbo setup is the BOV, I however prefer superchargers so for me it is the best of both worlds!! Besides riding around and having a ricer blow off on you being retarded is well worth it when you pass him and blow off back at him and see the look on his dumbass face

Wicked

Established Member
UR-SNAKE-B8 said:
what about inlet and discharge piping, does any of that need to be changed?

Procharger kits come as blow-thru setups. No changes in piping needed.

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
hey you guys with prochargers, have you had any problems? hows your gas millege since getting the kit, did it change much?im saving for one.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
dteal23 said:
hey you guys with prochargers, have you had any problems? hows your gas millege since getting the kit, did it change much?im saving for one.
I used to get about 235 miles on a tank of normal driving. I now average about 265 miles to a tank. All with 650hp. The thing is highway driving is great, its the stop and go that KILLS mileage. I prob get 9mpg in traffic

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
VenomousSVT said:
I used to get about 235 miles on a tank of normal driving. I now average about 265 miles to a tank. All with 650hp. The thing is highway driving is great, its the stop and go that KILLS mileage. I prob get 9mpg in traffic

thats good for when i drive down to LA (bout 1 hour drive), but around town it sucks. o well i"ll be procharged in a bout a month and some change. :coolman:

Wicked

Established Member
VenomousSVT said:

I average about 17-18mpg. I do drive my car and have fune with it though.

I managed to average 25mpg with the top down on a 5 hr trip. I was skipshifting and keeping the revs down to manage that. On the way home, I managed 22.5 with the top up, AC going, and about the same driving style.

My car is also a mail order JMS tune, not a custom tune. I think if it was a custom tune the gas mileage would be better. But I can't complain about 18mpg and 450rwhp.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Wicked said:

I managed to average 25mpg with the top down on a 5 hr trip. I was skipshifting and keeping the revs down to manage that. On the way home, I managed 22.5 with the top up, AC going, and about the same driving style.

My car is also a mail order JMS tune, not a custom tune. I think if it was a custom tune the gas mileage would be better. But I can't complain about 18mpg and 450rwhp.
driving to Mustang week this past week I averaged somewhere around 23-24 :rockon:

spyder1337

It's LEGIT
Established Member
I like the sound the boost bypass makes, like a spinner or something. I'm going to talk to the shop about the vent to atmosphere thing. I remember them saying something about it but doesn't it do something different? Any difference between vent atmosphere and normal?

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
Wicked said:

is your city driving mpg as bad as svtvenums??? and how much was your tune?

1slow2v

Established Member
UR-SNAKE-B8 said:
Although I havent heard one on a car myself yet, i plan to have my P1SC kit in a few weeks. Just curious.... do they produce a decent amount of "Blower Whine"?? damn i love that sound??

if you want that nasty blower sound step up to the d1. it just sounds like its fixing to break at idle, love it. plus you can run a larger pulley (less belt slip)

Wicked

Established Member
dteal23 said:
is your city driving mpg as bad as svtvenums??? and how much was your tune?

Not sure as I never do all city driving.

My normal commute is ~25 miles, about 22 miles of it interstate. But I boost enough on the interstate to make up for it.

I think the worst I've ever got on one tank was about 15 mpg.

If you are constant beating on it, it will get low teens.

My tune was $320, I'm sure their prices are a little higher now.

Users who are viewing this thread