? about Original keys

reyberg

Established Member
When I bought my Cobra it only came with one set of keys. The ones it came with were the semi-square key for ignition and the large oval key for the trunk. Was the second set they came with the same or was the trunk key a smaller oval key? Thanks_Ryan

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
The large oval key should work on the doors, glove box and trunk. If the trunk is the only one that is different, then it was changed at one time. The square key is only for the ignition. The only way to get the large oval key is to buy a complete lockset from places like PPI www.performancepartsinc.com They come with the original large oval key and new locks (door, trunk and glove) with the split finish as well.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
not true, If you lived near me then I would rekey the lock cylinder, but since you dont goto a lock smith and they can do it for you

got hp

SVT Connoisseur
Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
not true, If you lived near me then I would rekey the lock cylinder, but since you dont goto a lock smith and they can do it for you

You have blank Ford large oval keys? He could get his lock rekeyed to be the same. I was referring to getting new keys with the large oval.....

reyberg

Established Member
I am sorry I probably asked this question wrong. I was just wanting to know what the original came with. The large oval or the small oval...two of thesame or one of each. I just basically wanted to know hat was correct for the year. I have purchased some OEM blanks dirt cheap and just want to know which to get cut...the big oval or the small oval. Now I know were to get new lockset from though. BADBOYSPACK Thanks for the offer.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
the large oval key was the original and the square was original also

No small oval keys were OEM

No need for a new lock set, just have the cylinder rekeyed

reyberg

Established Member
I need a spare set of keys as mine only came with one set from the previous owner. Thanks for all you help!

Users who are viewing this thread