about my mac longtubes

whi tri

Established Member
I have there ceramic coated lt's and I was wondering if anyone elses look like ass! they are almost rusted to bare metal. They went from being nice to flacking gold to these pieces of crap in only 1 year tops. does anyone else have this problem?:shrug:

03zycobra

Established Member
That sucks. I guess you get what you pay for. Had Mac longtubes on my 90 notchback. I was always taking them off and respraying them and it was a dedicated garaged kept race car.

whi tri

Established Member
I was under the impression that they had changed for the better but damn this is rediculous. They looked so good when I first got them. ya on my fox I had bassani 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 step longtubes to 3 inch x to 3 inch cat back and damn it was awsome. I def. mis the fox alot. Not enough to sell the cobra but enough to want to have both. lol

03cobramanIII

Banned
macs are cheap! mine on my 99 cobra smoked like crap, from the coating for months, till most of it burnt off, than it made my motor use oil , i heard horror stories about mac being known for that. yes the right side pipe where the a/c drain leaked on it , yes looked like ass /badass LOL.

03cobramanIII

Banned
nope, i just checked i deleted the, off my photobucket, i sold them. i went back with stock manifolds , after the motor rebuild.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I've had mine on for well over a year and no issues at all. Mine is also ceramic coated but still looks like new.

BLACKVNM

Established Member
No issues with mine either. I think they look all right at least?
2185533_110_full.jpg

whyte_03

I got your HEMI hanging!!
Established Member
macs are cheap! mine on my 99 cobra smoked like crap, from the coating for months, till most of it burnt off, than it made my motor use oil , i heard horror stories about mac being known for that. yes the right side pipe where the a/c drain leaked on it , yes looked like ass /badass LOL.

care to elaborate the part where you say it made your motor use oil :lol1:

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
people always get the hts confused with the ceramic coated. never get hts unless you dont care what they look like other wise spend the extra 100 and get the ceramic.

rw95gt

Yes, it's stock.
Established Member
o yeah how can headers cause your car to burn oil????????? who ever you heard that from is a tard.

Users who are viewing this thread