? about flipout head units

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
I have been thinking of getting a upgrade Head unit I want a flip out 7in screen or bigger with all the goodies. Now I would liketo see some pics and pros and cons of this kind of set up. All advice is welcome.

JParm93

Established Member
First and foremost I have to say, you get what you pay for! Stay with a company that has been around and been doing motorized monitors for a while. I prefer Alpine, or Eclipse they both are quality products. Both stand behind their product IF YOU BUY FROM AN AUTHORIZED DEALER. If you do not you're screwed if something happens. If you buy either company off the internet they are not from an authorized dealer, and are probably refurbished. Crutchfield is the only place able to sell Alpine over the internet. As far as installing a flip out into a car, all of the flip outs now have multiple ways you can install them so the screen will clear the dash, shifter, etc.. Hope I helped.

Oh yeah don't let the installers tell you that you can't watch movies while driving:nono: They are covering their A$$ slip them a little extra and you'll be watching video on your way home. Trust me on this :beer:

SVTlover

Ur anger is my power
Established Member
Great thanks for the help. I know it will look good hope not to ricey tho I dont plan on doing any speaker upgrades Thanks again

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
I have a Pioneer AVH-P6400cd and AVH-80DVD in dash 6.5" flip up with navigation. Just ground the parking brake hookup to disable the "only use while parked" feature. I have pics i'll tryto post on here, I had to turn my shift knob around because it's so close to the face it would hit when I was banging third gear :(

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
I will never pay retail again, I had bought a lasound amp from bestbuy and bought the 2 year extra warranty let them install it, and three days later it fried? when I took it back they said " oh it was refurbished, no warranty" I was upset, asked for my money back on the warranty and even with my receipt they declined, after a visit from the BBB they sent me a 200$ check....

stacy532

you can pass me
Established Member
I have bought from ikesound from the internet without any problems and ebay with no problems, stuff only last so long wether you have the warranty or not, I have had my earthquake magmas for 4 years and never came close to blowing one , the warranty was only one year, so if I had bought them here locally it would have been exactly double just to have the warranty I never used....

phreakness

Established Member
I've got a IVA-D900 I can tell you all you need to know about it. KILLER head unit. just remember that you have a Hide away brain that you will have to mount and wire up.

Users who are viewing this thread