?? About 93 Cobra Tail Lights

91stang

I just bought from (A Mustang parts place not an Individual) what was supposed to be an Original 85/86 SVO/93 Cobra tail light but it appears to me that it is not original but just a restriped lense due to the fact that the stripes are not exactly the same width from end to end (around the corners)and you can see brush strokes where the brush was started and stopped....I have had Original Lenses before and they were perfect and you could not see any of this...does anyone with Original Cobra lenses have this uneveness and/or brush strokes?

Black93Cobra

Established Member
Sounds like you have 84-86 SVO Lenses that someone striped to make them '93 Cobra lenses. I don't believe they are the same, the Cobra lenses were striped and the SVO lenses were not. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

91stang

The SVO lenses were striped..all I'm looking for is for someone to look at their Original lenses and see if your stripes are perfect or if you can see where the stripes were started and stopped (look hard at the corner of the lense). The Original lenses had to have the stripes painted on also they were not built into the lense. It is a NEW not used lense but I want to know if its original...

buddha93

Established Member
I replied over on SCOA. I have a new set out of the box and they have no brush marks nor do the ones on the car now. I believe they are striped with a roller type pin-striper which leaves a nice smooth finish.

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
I have four 93 cobras and on 2 of those cars the stripes were painted and the width varies and you can see where they stopped near the corners and restarted. but it is very hard to see, you have to be looking real close. I can post a close up if you want.

91stang

Any close up pics would be a big help...I do now think I have an Original just want to be sure..the overlap just semms to be a bit much...but just like anything else I'm sure the quality varied somewhat when the tail lights were being made originally.

Users who are viewing this thread