AAARRGG...my truck shakes still no matter what i try please give some opinions

Parkin Lot Pmpn

Established Member
Ok well last year i had 4 old tires on my L and i did a long burnout right before i went to get new tires installed. So the truck didnt shake prior to the burnout. After the burnout it shook really bad on the interstate. Then i got 4 new tires installed and got an alignment and it shakes the exact same. 2 months later i rotated the tires and hgt them re balanced and still no luck. btw around 40 mph the truck feels like it goes up and down in the rear so i think the shake is up and down not side to side. I have long bars so did they get tweaked during the burnout causing this vibration? he driveshaft and u joints are good i got under there and it is solid. The tires have correct air pressure. Honestly if i cant fix this i am going to sell the truck because it bothers me that much. One last thing when i put my 2 dirtbikes in the bed it shakes even more...so weight in the bed makes it worse and sometimes it doesnt shake at all...it comes in and out and soemtimes it is all the time. I know this sounds bad but if i cant fix this i gotta sell unfortunately.

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
I would change out the u-joints anyways. They are cheap and it's one more thing you can rule out.:shrug: Those u-joints are under a tremendous amount of stress and sometimes it can be tough to tell by just inspecting under the truck.

I'm not familiar with your truck but if it's lowered check your pinion angle

FordBoIE

Orgasm_donor
Established Member
Id say Ubolts on the leaf springs, see if one side might have slid up a bit or something? tweaked shock?

Users who are viewing this thread