A9L into 95 Cobra

#1pony

Established Member
I have an A9L that came out of a 90 5.0. I was wondering if installing this into my 95 Cobra would be beneficial and if so, what results should I see? It is compleletly stock right now. Also, what all do I need to do this and where can I find the parts?
Thanks

fiveo'cobra

Established Member
I'm not sure on all the parts, but i think you needed a fan switch because the SN95's are electric and a PIH wiring harness to go along with the A9L. Go on corral.net and do a search. This topic has been literally been beaten to DEATH on there and there are pages upon pages on this topic and all you'd need to do.

My advice:
If you plan on getting a tweecer or a custom tune any time soon, stay with the J4J1 computer thats on your cobra now. It is far superior to the A9L when tuned, but in stock form, it has a lot of restrictions so it is less desirable at that point.

If you switched out the computers right now, in stock form you cobra would feel much better. This is because the A9L doesn't have the timing retard in between shifts that the J4J1 has.

Labora

Is that a Fobra?
Established Member
For the cost of the conversion, you can buy a handheld tuner or even a tweecer if you have the ability to use it.

Users who are viewing this thread