A6 - Issue on 2-3 shift

Nomadic

Established Member
Having a weird issue I wanted to see if anyone else has experienced. Car is a 14 GT with Vortect V3 kit for reference.

Car started doing this recently and I am trying to chase down what it could be - basically on the 2-3 shift when I am WOT, the car will nose dive a bit, shift hard enough chirp the tires, and pick right back up. Right before the shift at 7000pm I can see the boost shoot back towards around 5psi - I'm on the stock 3.6 pulley.

All the IC pipes look good, no issues with the t-bolt clamps. The tial BOV is clamped down pretty tight, stock bov removed and blocked off.

Nomadic

Established Member
I haven't tried it with it off yet, but I don't think the tires are on the verge of coming loose - Im running 305's out back at the moment on a conservative tune from AED.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Sorry to thread jack but real quick what are your impressions on the vortech? Boost come on early enough for you etc?

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
That is your rear brakes. Advance trac fully off. Mine lays rubber into 3rd gear n/a. Have to shut the nannies off.

RR5.0

Established Member
Yea i can spin 305 nittos on the 2-3 shift with ease with my paxton. Turn your advancetrac off or get better tires

11gtcs

Established Member
Ya, even with a conservative tune I bet that 2-3 shift would knock the rear tires off at wot on the street without the nannies.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread