A way to get 355's on the Shelby

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
I know. 850 hp and the option to have 355's on the rear. All for the low-low price of $100,000. I am just about ready to place my order...

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Actually, the wide-body can be installed on any 2005+ Mustang. The price is $17,995 and you get the 3" rear extensions, 1.5" front fenders, installation, paint, 20"x13" wheels with 345/35-20s on the rear and 20"x10" wheels with 265/35-20s on front. The tires are Michelin's but I don't recall the model. The wheels are 3 piece (as far as I can tell) but not sure who makes them.

The fit and finish is fantastic. There are two 2013 cars at NAIAS this week (Ruby Red SS and Grabber Blue GTS) that are WB and everyone that walks by comments on how good they look. The 13" wide tire patch definitely looks awesome on a Mustang.

Shelby Wide Body

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Also, not sure how good the author is at math, but the 850hp SS package is $39,995, wide body is $17,995, and the base car is $55k base ($70k for a loaded 'vert) so then wouldn't a 2013 SS be more like $113k to $128k (plus options)? Either way, too much for my blood....

Although, a 2010 SS 'vert went for $110k at Barrett-Jackson over the weekend, and a 50th Anniversary SS went for $209k... So maybe the $100k isn't that bad. :coolman:

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
That is good info. A friend of mine is always talking about wanting to put on a wider tire on his Shelby. We discuss the limitations of tire width somewhat often, ranging from a 315, with aspirations of getting 335's on the rear. While $17,995 that doublex mentions is a lot of money, it is nice to know that a wide-body style is an option for non-Super Snake mustangs.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Its cool, but i'll put 18 grand + labor/paint elsewhere into the car

It's $18k complete...I think I saw somewhere they were considering making this a 'kit' that could be installed at your own shop....but I haven't seen that mentioned recently.

cobra gt 07

Will Go 8's Eventually
Established Member
The one very positive thing about the Super Snake, other than the look, is that they do hold their overall value much better than a modified GT500. I checked the going prices of Super Snakes after reading doublex's posts and he does have a point. No matter what, I absolutely love the look of the Super Snake and KR hoods.

Blaine

Established Member
That is good info. A friend of mine is always talking about wanting to put on a wider tire on his Shelby. We discuss the limitations of tire width somewhat often, ranging from a 315, with aspirations of getting 335's on the rear. While $17,995 that doublex mentions is a lot of money, it is nice to know that a wide-body style is an option for non-Super Snake mustangs.

If your looking for a wider tire in the rear.... 17k is a bit steep just to achieve this.

There are shops that will modify your rear axle assembly to make room for larger tires in the rear. For much much much less. Or you could also buy a
9" complete axle assembly which will also allow larger rear wheels.

But it is nice to see Shelby is doing something about the Pathetic rear tires they were offering. 1000 HP is worthless if you can't hook up. :pop:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Good lord I want a widened Boss with CCW Classics, black center, 345's rear and 315's front to romp around in.

Saving $$

Users who are viewing this thread