A way for the site to make some $$$?

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
I’ve heard a lot of talk about the site going on the road. Money seems to be the only thing holding it back. From all the talk I think Sid has some great ideas but just needs some $$$ to get the rolling.

Last night I was trying to think of a way to get SVTP.com some money. That’s when I remembers LL’s raffle!:idea:

Why could we not have a Raffle forum? Every week a different vendor raffles off something. All the money made goes to SVTP.com. I’m not suggesting raffling off Superchargers every week. I understand that would be a loosing game for the vendors, but why not raffle off smaller items? I’m not sure what all items would fit into this, but I know the vendors have plenty of things that sell for under $100 that would work great for this.

Each ticket would be cheap, $2 - $10. Low enough for a large numbers of members to buy and not break the bank.

Just an idea, what yall think?

Edit: I just thought of a few names that run with the current theme of the site. "The Risky Oyster" or "Take a Chance Sushi Bar"

Last edited:

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
That has got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard......

J/K....I'd be in for some of dim tickets.........Just not sure what i could put on the Ridgeline....LOL SVTP merchandise, then I'm in for sure...$1-2 tickets since I'm going through a lean time till May.....

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
The hard thing would be getting the vendors to donate products. Some of the stuff from LFP or the like would be harder, as that stuff isn't cheap to make. Cheaper stuff like from Kocky would be awesome!

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
The hard thing would be getting the vendors to donate products. Some of the stuff from LFP or the like would be harder, as that stuff isn't cheap to make. Cheaper stuff like from Kocky would be awesome!

Yeah I thought about that too.

I figured Sid could take the amount of what the vendor’s raffle off of the payments they make to the site every year.

Maybe Sid could work up a Raffle / dues ratio for the vendors.

Like $200 worth of raffles gets them $20 off of yearly dues?

Or, Sid could use the money raised in the raffle to pay for the part. Then the rest goes to a bank account for SVTP.com

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I like the idea, different parts for dirrent model cars too will draw more attention so its not geared to just terminators or lightnings

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The best way to do it would be with gift certificates. However, raffles are a big hassle. I prefer to save them for a special occasion.

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
What happend to my thread?

Why did the "Last Post" "Views" and "Replies" get turned off?
Did I step outta bounds with this one?

Sorry if I did.
Just trying to keep SVTP.com the best place on the net!!!

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
The best way to do it would be with gift certificates. However, raffles are a big hassle. I prefer to save them for a special occasion.

What makes them such a hassle? I'm sure I don't know all the stuff that goes into them.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
kind of sketchy isnt it? raffles are illegal unless highly regulated. not that id open my big mouth but on a public forum.....with all the pissed off people who have been banned...

JasonSnake

Established Member
this site just needs to advertise more. Something like "Featured Products" on the front page

Users who are viewing this thread