A true story of two 1995 Cobra R's related by a dealer and by being fast

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
I'm getting back in the saddle again, I'm planning on doing at least one open track event in '18. So far I've Baer brakes up front with cooling ducts to the fog light openings. I also got the BFG R-1s, 275s. I had to put a spacer plate in the front for clearance. Still looking at long tubes and I think I'll be getting BBK #15690 1 3/4" ceramic coated and a BBK O/R X-pipe with Borla XR-1 mufflers. The installation instructions includes the '95 with a 5.8L for fitment. I also called BBK and the tech line double checked and said those headers would fit. I guess we'll see! Without a dyno tune, I'm guessing a gain of about 30 hp. This ought to make it a lot more fun out on the track especially with the BFG R1s.
https://www.svtperformance.com/foru...aler-and-by-being-fast.1086118/#post-15772246

Mustanganatic

FOG
Established Member
Here's a recent picture taken last year at the Buffalo Motorama
dateposted-public

specracer

SVTOA MCA
Premium Member
The image probably has to be resized (smaller). "paint" (on a windows machine) is an easy way to to do this.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Upload image to www.postimages.org and then insert the direct link here with the insert picture icon in your reply window (next to smiley face). You can have big pics in your post that way.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm getting back in the saddle again...

Mike,
I remember your famous #89 Cobra R. It is clearly related to my car as one of the two cars delivered to a Ford dealer in Rochester, NY. It was West Kerr Ford. :D

You've seen mine (#113).
CobraR16.jpg

CobraR16a.jpg

I consider these two cars as the fastest of all of the 95R cars. ;)

I also think that we have owned the pair longer than any other 95R's.

Happy New Year.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I was not aware BBK made headers that are R specific. You can't use traditional Cobra or 5.0 headers.

What do you mean, you needed a spacer for them to fit? Are you talking the 275s? Are you using the stock rims?

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread