A Total NITEMARE

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
Ok where to start......Well first off ill start where the problems begin..... I put in 24# injectors but couldnt put in the mass air so it was like that for a little while (im dumb i know) so a couple days go by and my stock Hpipe starts rattling and my check engine light came on im like hmmm i figured it was due to the fact that i was getting to much fuel not enough air so it was the 0'2 sensors were screwed up....Anyway i finally put in the mass air and put in new plugs and it was running really good, check engine light went away and the rattle.....A week later or so later the rattle and light come back im like WTF.....But being dumb like i am i figured it would adjust and fix itself so i carry on about things and a few days later im driving around and coming up on a stop sign im in 4th and i drop it down to 3rd and slowly ease off the clutch and slowly hit the brake everythings fine then all of a sudden my car STALL'S im thinking what now so i start it back up (starts fine) so i drive it home then later that day it happens again and then again the day after now its really pissing me off but since im dumb i have to keep driving it due to work and things........Anway last nite i went to get my hair cut and on the way i saw a done up wrx so hes behind me and i run it there 2nd and a lil of 3rd to see if he wants to play but its too late my turn was coming up and i turned and went into the hair cutting place and notice that my temp gauge is higher then it usually it was a little past the "A" on NORMAL so i turned the heater on full blast to bring it down.... it seems i do this alot with the heater thing i constantly have it running to keep it down from it getting to hott even though i put in a new 180 thermo and it still gets pretty hott when i drive it around or get on it, the highest it ever gets is like between the "M" and the "A" but as i said it was past the "A" so i shut it down and went in to get my hair cut and then i leave everythings fine and i head to the mall.........Get to the mall do my thang and im out, get in my car start it up and the rattle was there like always so i was thinking nothing of it i take off and at about 3000-3500rpms it started to rattle really LOUD worse noise ever so i try to get it home as quick as i could but on the way it kept stalling and rattling really loud i even tried to get sum speed and coast as much as possible and still making the worst noises i ever heard from a car really loud rattling, and grinding but i kept starting it up and kept going (again im the biggest MORON for still driving it i know but i just wanted to get it home ) so im like rite down the street from my house and it stalled so i tried to start it like i have been but this time no LUCK it wouldnt turnover or anything it just died so i pulled off onto a side street and tried to pop start it while rolling down the hill and again nothing so im sitting there and sum guy comes over to help and we try to see if it was the battery so he got cables and his car and we tried to jump start her but again no luck so he drove me home(thank god for nice people out there) and then i had to go to work so its still down the street and now i must call the a tow truck shouldnt be too much money cause its rite down the street but still thats money i could put towards fixing it only if it couldve made it home o well anyway i just needed to vent and get that out of me otherwise i wouldve went crazy even though ive had a few run ins with sum objects that i had to kick around and hit but yea anywho sorry for such a long post and sorry for all the run on sentences and crap. SUMONE SHOOT ME PLEASE :mj: :gt: :bash: :nonono: :??: :( :cuss: :bored: :cryying: :fm: -By the way is there any prizes for the longest post lol-

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
o yea is there anyone with the "4.6 HEATING problem" with it being kind of high most of the time

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
felt and sounded like rite underneath like tranny area like the exhaust was shakin and knocking around thats what it seemed like

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
The rattling sounds like a catalytic converter which will go out when the A/F mixture is way to rich. However, it sounds like it kept over heating and stalling out and now maybe siezed to me. Have you checked the oil level and coolant level? When did you change the thermostat?

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
cripes ive got a headache now:bash: mabye a cat is clogged:shrug: I drive mine like i stole it non-stop and it never runs hot, its always between the R and the M:thumbsup:

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
ya i figured a cat might be clogged too cuz if i have sumone rev her up the exhuast note seems to come more from the front and not out the back. Booyah your question about the oil and coolant, are u asking if i checked them regularly before the car died or after?

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by GT2aCOBRA
Booyah your question about the oil and coolant, are u asking if i checked them regularly before the car died or after?

Now that it's dead.

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
well i looked at the oil and theres sum but it looks like it got darker and it kinda smells weird, as for the coolant its there but it is only half full now.

GT2aCOBRA

Established Member
Time to get busy

Well i talked to the guy at J&M motorsports (www.jandmmotorsports.com) and he said ill probably need a new motor!:bash: This is the second one already :cuss: So now my question i have a 96 gt and if i need a new motor what do u guys think i should go with? possiblities are maybe an 01 cobra motor if i can find one. and was wondering if a 302 would work if i got the ecu and stuff? thanx for the advice in advance

Users who are viewing this thread