A thank you to Ford.

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
This is a simple thank you to the SVT and Ford engineers that frequent this site.

It's simple.

Thanks for everything so far, and thank you for pushing for the GT500. I know a lot of hard work and effort went into convincing the bean counters to even let you have it, let alone get it to us.

Regardless if its 450 HP or 500 HP, regardless of the Shelby name, thanks.

To all you nay-sayers, bugger off, I'm buying one and getting rid of my 04 Cobra to do so.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Yes Ford, thank you! Also thank you for your patience dealing with the waves of people that are bitchin' about the GT-500 that "think" they know everything about automotive manufacturing yet truly have no clue WTF they are talking about! :burn:

Ford has yet to let us down on improving the Cobra each and every successive year. I have a feeling they are not going to let us down this time either! Just try to remember back when we had '99 or '01 Cobras and thought they were really something? They were truly something until the next generation came out to pummel it! This generation will be no different!! Trust me!!
:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

Tank5879

Established Member
Agreed 100%...I sold my pristine 93 to buy this car...It wasnt easy, but I believe it will be worth it! Thanks Ford!

COBRA32

Established Member
Yea we sould all kiss Ford's a$$ when they come out with ugly taped on strips and a hood a ricer would be proud of yea I'm all for that. If Ford is not showing any GT500 Mustangs anymore because no one liked the hood or strip job thats real sad. If Ford does not listen to the people who will be buying these cars and asking what we want and do not want then Its time for something else.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Yes Ford, thank you! Also thank you for your patience dealing with the waves of people that are bitchin' about the GT-500 that "think" they know everything about automotive manufacturing yet truly have no clue WTF they are talking about! :burn:

Ford has yet to let us down on improving the Cobra each and every successive year. I have a feeling they are not going to let us down this time either! Just try to remember back when we had '99 or '01 Cobras and thought they were really something? They were truly something until the next generation came out to pummel it! This generation will be no different!! Trust me!!

:beer:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
COBRA32 said:
Yea we sould all kiss Ford's a$$ when they come out with ugly taped on strips and a hood a ricer would be proud of yea I'm all for that. If Ford is not showing any GT500 Mustangs anymore because no one liked the hood or strip job thats real sad. If Ford does not listen to the people who will be buying these cars and asking what we want and do not want then Its time for something else.

I'll tell you why Ford isn't showing the cars anymore! It's because of all of the ass holes bitching about every little detail on every friggin' message board on the planet?!?!?

You can take THAT to the bank!!!!!

:cuss:

Formula51

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
I'll tell you why Ford isn't showing the cars anymore! It's because of all of the ass holes bitching about every little detail on every friggin' message board on the planet?!?!?

You can take THAT to the bank!!!!!

:cuss:

Doesn't that tell you that the car isn't what it should be. When the 03 Cobra was getting ready to come out I dont remember all this bitching. I am very happy Ford is producing this car, but think that some people have legitimate complaints about what is being done to the car. Had Ford not made the statement that the prototype was 95% of what the production car will be then they would have zero room to talk. Ford should never had made that statement if they cant deliver on it. Thats bad business. Hopefully all will turn out well in the end. Thank you Ford for making Muscle cars in the face of insane gas prices and giving us car guys something to waste our money on!

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Agreed. Like everyone else, I have an opinion, and I wanted to share it with Ford & SVT for feedback. I am extermely thankful to everyone at SVT (and Ford) for planning to produce this kick-arse car. My only hope is that they keep it as pure as possible. I'm stunned and amazed by what I have seen so far, remember that always. :coolman: :beer: :pop:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Yup.
Thanks Ford and SVT. :banana:

Keep in mind though, that now is the time to let Ford know what we like and dislike about the car. After its produced, its too late..

Changing the third brakelight by refusing to make a new stamping for the rear deck, and then having to take the Shelby name off of the car because of it. Also ditching the nicely painted stripes for tacky vinyl, all scream of last minute penny pinching by the execs.. After awhile, you start to get into "bait and switch territory" where we were shown one thing, and then went we go to buy it, we get something else.. I hope that doesnt happen.

But heres hopeing for the best, and I hope they make the final production car as close to the concept as they possibly can..

Note to Ford, we do notice the details!! :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Formula51 said:
Doesn't that tell you that the car isn't what it should be. When the 03 Cobra was getting ready to come out I dont remember all this bitching. I am very happy Ford is producing this car, but think that some people have legitimate complaints about what is being done to the car. Had Ford not made the statement that the prototype was 95% of what the production car will be then they would have zero room to talk. Ford should never had made that statement if they cant deliver on it. Thats bad business. Hopefully all will turn out well in the end. Thank you Ford for making Muscle cars in the face of insane gas prices and giving us car guys something to waste our money on!

Please keep in mind the fact that no matter what they send out as a final product, it will spank the Terminator like a redheaded stepchild.

One other very important fact is the 5.4 will respond much better than the same mods to a 4.6. It's just that much more of an efficient design. Period.

You can take that to the bank also!!

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
Purvis said:
Yup.

Changing the third brakelight by refusing to make a new stamping for the rear deck, and then having to take the Shelby name off of the car because of it. Also ditching the nicely painted stripes for tacky vinyl, all scream of last minute penny pinching by the execs.. After awhile, you start to get into "bait and switch territory" where we were shown one thing, and then went we go to buy it, we get something else.. I hope that doesnt happen.

But heres hopeing for the best, and I hope they make the final production car as close to the concept as they possibly can..

Remember in order for there to be bait and switch Ford has to officially announce something and then not supply it.

Meaning if they say its going to have a Whipple, and then a few months before the offical release they say they cannot supply enough Whipples for production, that's not bait and switch, it's simple logistics...

gud2goe

Established Member
yea i say thanks too...i am waiting too..but not like some my 03 is free and clear...so i will keep it and add a new cobra to the 93, 03 stable..(ooops room for one more 93 teal cobra rip..sorry..)

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Please keep in mind the fact that no matter what they send out as a final product, it will spank the Terminator like a redheaded stepchild.

One other very important fact is the 5.4 will respond much better than the same mods to a 4.6. It's just that much more of an efficient design. Period.

You can take that to the bank also!!

It should spank the terminator, and I can promise you, you will pay a premium for that spanking, but I'm not so sure about the aftermarket parts. I think b/c of the new comp, and drive by wire tech, it will be like the new 05' and require a tune with everything, even a simple intake change.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
04SCRMINYLWVERT said:
It should spank the terminator, and I can promise you, you will pay a premium for that spanking, but I'm not so sure about the aftermarket parts. I think b/c of the new comp, and drive by wire tech, it will be like the new 05' and require a tune with everything, even a simple intake change.

That's the price you pay to go fast?!! :poke:

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
04SCRMINYLWVERT said:

There are already tonnes of aftermarket parts for the Mustang GT. When the GT500 hits, it will have plenty as well.

The naysayers said the same thing about the Cobra not having aftermarket support... I think we all know how much bunk that is.

Users who are viewing this thread