a STRANGE coolant problem, help!

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
well yesterday i was driving home and it overheated. so i pulled right over and checked everything out. everything seemed fine so i didnt know what to do, so i took out the thermostat to see if it was stuck. it overheated in about 3 miles. so my dad came and we got a water pump and threw it in. filled up the antifreeze and it still overheated. i drove it about 10 miles with the heat turning on and off. so we towed it home, and today i put more antifreeze in it because it seemed to want more. i started the car up and kept putting antifreeze in. it took antifreeze until about 3/4 of a gallon went in. i figured maybe i had air in the system. so i drove it about 15 miles and i come back. the car was running hot, but it didnt overheat. i had heat the whole time too. so i get back, and the coolant res was full and boiling. the cooling fans work, and like i said, the waterpump is new. the car doesnt seem to burn any fluids i just changed the oil two days ago and it didnt have any antifreeze in the oil, and the car doesnt smoke a bit. anybody got an idea?

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
i had to drive it around for 10 miles with the reservoir cap off. i'm guessin it had a massive air leak. it's running like a champ now though :)

Users who are viewing this thread