A Soldier's View...

SB Lightning

Young Buck
Established Member
If you lived here I would do exactly what speederdoc wants to do.
usa.gif

Rochard

Established Member
My Grandfather died as a US Marine in the South Pacific fighting the Japs. My father died a US Marine in Vietnam when I was nine months old. When I signed up for the US Marines, now a family tradiation, I knew exactly what I was getting into.

This woman in Texas needs to get over her son's death. He son died protecting the freedoms of our country, no matter what reason we went to war for. He promised to serve at the pleasure of the President, no matter who is currently in office, and when called upon he did what needed to be done. She seems to think her son died for no reason. Perhaps she should talk to the Iraqi who lives behind me - The one in the wheel chair because he has no legs. You should hear what he thinks of the United States and how every day he's thankful our military is still there.

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
RedVenom96 said:
i understand where you're coming from except the part about liberals "who don't know the meaning of sacrifice".

I think we all respect true liberals. Unfortunately, that label has come to mean "radical" in recent years. I doubt that Angel really meant people like you.

Angel, I'd like to be able to sit down & have a beer with your dad.

Very good post.

jimwood

Established Member
Awesome post! Men like you were the ones that fought and founded this country, in my mind there is no difference.

Thank you.

Avenging Angel

Established Member
RedVenom96 said:
i understand where you're coming from except the part about liberals "who don't know the meaning of sacrifice". i have a total of 8 years military service: 61/2 active duty army and 11/2 years of national guard(of which i still serve). i have also done my tour in iraq and served with the 82nd for 3 years. by my recollection i wasn't the only liberal that i met while serving in the military. thousands of liberals have fought and died for this country and they don't need you placing a label on them of not understanding sacrifice. if anything they deserve more credit because even though they don't share politics with the commander in chief they still fight for this country and for each other.....i respect your opinion and thank you for your service to this country. :rockon:
Of course I don't feel that about all Liberals, the majority, yes, but not all. Both you & I have fought for people in this country to have the right to pick their political affiliations. The 82nd has a lot of history & is home to some of the finest patriots. I was stationed at Bragg for 3 years & spent half of that time fighting along side the 82nd in Western Iraq. Eventhough we sit on opposite sides of the table on politics, I raise my cup to you for your service & call you brother.

Rochard said:
My Grandfather died as a US Marine in the South Pacific fighting the Japs. My father died a US Marine in Vietnam when I was nine months old. When I signed up for the US Marines, now a family tradiation, I knew exactly what I was getting into.
Your father's sacrifice is one of the reasons many of my people are here living free today. My people & I thank him for that.

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
from a Sailor who is providing support to you from the air.

I'll make sure we keep you safe down there brother, if you should see a grey 4 engine prop above you smile cuz we are there for you

IS1 Mike Worden
Patron Ten INTEL
US Navy

jimwood

Established Member
RedVenom96 said:
i understand where you're coming from except the part about liberals "who don't know the meaning of sacrifice". i have a total of 8 years military service: 61/2 active duty army and 11/2 years of national guard(of which i still serve). i have also done my tour in iraq and served with the 82nd for 3 years. by my recollection i wasn't the only liberal that i met while serving in the military. thousands of liberals have fought and died for this country and they don't need you placing a label on them of not understanding sacrifice.

F*ck this guy. He's trying to piss on a great post. :kaboom:

Edit: Did you even read his post? It wasn't to bash liberals. Damn. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

RedVenom96

Banned
jimwood said:

Avenging Angel:

In light of Cindy Sheehan's protest, I share this thought with you...

I would not want any of my family members to dishonor my service by protesting against the war. I would not want my name on road-side planted crosses for Liberals (who do not know the meaning of sacrifice) to use it as a tool to help further their political agenda

how am i pissing on this post you d#$k?? :bash: the comment about liberals was pissing on mine any many others service to this country. :burn: but i guess you only appluad people's service who agree with your views :loser:
did YOU even read his post :read:

Last edited:

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
jimwood said:

:shrug:

jimwood

Established Member
CleanCobra said:

Point was, his manner he took about disagreeing with it. I didn't see much respect. If he would have choosen his words in any manner but being offensive, I wouldn't of said shit. But then again, I'm not about political correctness. Maybe liberals should know the message they are sending and be held accountable. :shrug:

Trust me I'm 100% socially liberal, but when you got these retards denying the US IOWA in San Fran. because it supposedly supports war. **** THEM ALL. :pepper:

This isn't about me or you, or anyones' opinion, including me, its about a soldier in the field. Thank you.

Last edited:

RedVenom96

Banned
oh by the way i like how you left the part out of my quote where i said i respect his opinion and thank him for his service. :mj:

Last edited:

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Avenging Angel I can not thank you enough for your selfless service to help preserve our way of life. Unfortunately, many in our country do not think that it is worth fighting for anymore. Recently I did a study abroad with a bunch of liberal yankees and their opinons about how America sucks were deeply offensive to me in particular because my brother has been to Iraq and one of my good buddies just got activated out of the National Guard, pulled out of his last year at college, and is on his way to Iraq. When you get back to Houston if you don't think speederdoc is going to get you drunk enough, give me a holler.

baylorbear98GT

Established Member
Oh, btw, redvenom 96 I am not saying ALL liberals just most. But if it needs any clarification, I AM bashing on liberals.

FordGTGuy

Established Member
poor people w ehave been posting your letter like fire flys and look what ignorance some people can come up with.

Maybe I'm cold-hearted for not sympathizing with this, but this man let blind pride and personal politics overcome him and leads a life with the same closed-minded faithfulness you would find in any religious extremist. I would find it more noble if he was selfless in his cause, but the fact that he wrote this pompous self-fallating drek proves he falls into the same mental archetype. He wants attention, and he's guilting those who don't have the same naive devotion to their country into thinking that they're worse people because of it. It's the same as people who have the fabulous "if you don't like this country then leave" argument (which, by the way, is about as strong of a statement as "i know you are but what am I".) I respect soldiers, and people for that matter, who do good honest deeds because they're good and honest people with a sincere love for helping out his fellow man. Unfortunately, most people...like this guy here...do what they do for their own selfish purposes, whether it be to make it into heaven, rub it in the face of liberals, experience the thrill and excitement of the kill, and so forth. So I thank and support all of the soldiers, civilians, and philanthropists who do good deeds because they're truly altruistic. Everyone else needs to stop kidding themselves, because while they may sap credibility out of the willfully ignorant, they're not fooling the rest of us into ignorantly obedient respect.

RU NAZT

NAZT
Established Member
Serving

As I sit in the Middle East and read this thread, I am reminded why those of who serve, do so with pride. The words of "Avenging Angel" could easily speak for the majority of the people I am and have served with.

Even though I am in the Air Force and not "throwing lead down range" on a regular basis, I have done so. I have seen what our brave men and women do on a daily basis. At this time I am serving in a joint unit and see the differences among my sisters and brotheres in the different branches of service. Rest assured, one thing is true...We are here to do a mission, that mission will be accomplished with or with out the support of those who fail to serve.

Avenging Angel, your words ring loud and clear...Keep the fight going and God's speed.

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
"Everyone else needs to stop kidding themselves, because while they may sap credibility out of the willfully ignorant, they're not fooling the rest of us into ignorantly obedient respect."

:lol: Talk about someone kidding himself.

RU NAZT

NAZT
Established Member
oldnfast

I would invite to see the unit I serve in, but perhapes the couch you sit on is to comfortable. The soldiers, sailers, airman, and even British soldiers in my unit are proud of what they do. I will print this thread out so they too can read the ignorance that bleeds from your fingertips.

I ask no respect from you nor others who read this thread. Understanding, that some people actually enjoy serving in military. This is what is needed...

oldnfast

approaching ancient
Established Member
RU NAZT said:
oldnfast

I would invite to see the unit I serve in, but perhapes the couch you sit on is to comfortable. The soldiers, sailers, airman, and even British soldiers in my unit are proud of what they do. I will print this thread out so they too can read the ignorance that bleeds from your fingertips.

I ask no respect from you nor others who read this thread. Understanding, that some people actually enjoy serving in military. This is what is needed...

Maybe you should calm down & read this a little more closely. If you will note, the quote is from someone demeaning you, Angel, me, and hundreds of thousands of others. Right now, the blood is from your fingertips.

Perhaps it would behoove you to scan not only this post, but a few of my posts and other posts that I have participated in. Maybe you could take a look at one not too far under this one titled "Dear Ms Sheehan".

I was serving this country before you were born (most likely). I am still serving, in one respect. I am a Soldier's Angel for a soldier I've never met. But, he and his company know that they have friends and supporters back home. People they will never meet.

Fine, print it. Print this one too.

God bless you. Come home safe.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread