A SoCal "emissions-friendly" shop? (ie, o/r H pipe friendly)

01BlackSnake

Established Member
My girl and I both would love to find a shop that is sympathetic to mustangs with O/R H pipes.

Do any of you know of any in the So Cal area? Thanks!

svtguy22

Established Member
lol plan on spening around 300 bucks, none are going to pass you at regular price or legally, gotta do it the expensive, illeagal way.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
svtguy22 said:
lol plan on spening around 300 bucks, none are going to pass you at regular price or legally, gotta do it the expensive, illeagal way.

Wouldn't it be better to just temporarily throw back on your OE mids, pass the test and reinstall your aftermarket ones? :shrug:

01BlackSnake

Established Member
WTF said:
Wouldn't it be better to just temporarily throw back on your OE mids, pass the test and reinstall your aftermarket ones? :shrug:

You ever try to put on an O/R Pipe without a lift? Hell NO.

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
01BlackSnake said:
You ever try to put on an O/R Pipe without a lift? Hell NO.

You don't need a lift. You don't have any friends with 2 jackstands? That's all you need. Just jack the car up, put it on the stands, lay down and take it off.

NO shop is going to pass you with an Off-road h-pipe, it wont pass anything, sniffer,visual,decibal. Unless you find ome guy who wants a little extra cash, and doesn't care about his job. Change it out yourself, it's really easy.

01BlackSnake

Established Member
Um... I KNOW we won't pass with an O/R pipe.

I KNOW what it's like to put on an O/R pipe with just jackstands. It sucks pretty badly, especially getting that passanger side bolt off. Been there, done that.

I know all of this.

All I need to know now if there's a shop/tech that someone knows that's "friendly" toward my cause.

WTF

law abiding citizen
Established Member
01BlackSnake said:
I KNOW what it's like to put on an O/R pipe with just jackstands. It sucks pretty badly, especially getting that passanger side bolt off. Been there, done that.

:idea:

lift8hr.jpg

:D :banana:

OCSnk

NowIESnk
Established Member
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow, good idea! :uh oh:

All this time I’ve been laying blankets on the garage floor and tilting the Cobra over on it’s side to give me access to the undercarriage :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread