a Sad day for the GT.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
after waiting in line for 3hours to get gas yesterday, (hurricane ike) i de-tuned my car since i was only able to get regular no supreme or anything i fill up not knowing when is the next time i will be able to get more gas and all said all done i head over to the car wash to take the track numbers of my windshield and give my gt a good cleaning after the hurricane dirty it up and after that i leave the car wash and my "coolant light" turned on and :??: occurred so i stop get some coolant and fill it up and the light goes away but after about 15-20 minutes it turns back on so i get home and give it a closer look and what i do i find i was leaking coolant from my intake manifold :shrug: not really expecting it at the moment but i found a good pi intake manifold for 75 bucks and going to slap it on hopefully by the end of this week.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
that sucks but glad to know that you found a cheap PI intake, thats about the only cheap OEM part for these cars lol

f150harley

Established Member
Your lucky, I was out of town heading back home when I started to smell coolant. I had to drive 2 hours knowing my car was not right.

spike_africa

Established Member
Damn man that sucks, at least its not a bad swap I helped a friend with a 96 GT do the swap didn't take to long to get it back going. Getting one with a metal coolant crossover I hope.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
me and a buddy are going to do the swap this monday hopefully it just sucks i got to drive around in my moms truck and the gt is just in the garage.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
yea i thought so, im not going to get the used intake manifold im getting a aftermarket one that seems more durable than the cheap plastic one, hoping it holds up for the NAWSS!!!

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
same thing happened to my friend before. He went to 2nd instead of 4th skull dragging a vette in his blown GT and blew the motor :(

LOL, not trying to be a dick, that sucks for your friend and I would probably cry if it was me. I just got a mental image in my head of the Vette guy rolling by him screaming LS1 FTW!!!!

And this no premium thing sucks ass big time. Im not even in Texas and I cant find 93 octane ANYWHERE here in GA. I drove around for damn near an hour Friday night looking for some and the few gas stations that had gas at all were out of premium. So the SS sits in the garage for awhile I guess.

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
Typhoon? by chance?

no i went with some holman brand one it has the metal thermostat housing and longer runners i installed it saturday afternoon and drove it around for awhile ran good until.....................................i get a trouble code (cylinder #4 misfire) car started to sputter so took it back in the garage and going to get new spark plugs and new ignition coils while im at it, danm makes me so frustrated. meanwhile im driving a 04 4dr lariat nice but its no stang. :(:(:(:(

cheesegt

584 SS
Established Member
LOL, not trying to be a dick, that sucks for your friend and I would probably cry if it was me. I just got a mental image in my head of the Vette guy rolling by him screaming LS1 FTW!!!!

And this no premium thing sucks ass big time. Im not even in Texas and I cant find 93 octane ANYWHERE here in GA. I drove around for damn near an hour Friday night looking for some and the few gas stations that had gas at all were out of premium. So the SS sits in the garage for awhile I guess.

i had to get rid of my cheap gas saturday i let my car run for awhile and went filled up with premium i was so happy i found some but i cant blame the gas stations with the hurrican ike stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread