A request for any/all terminator owners in Northern NJ...

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
(This is a cross-post from the taste of home>mid atlantic section)

Hey guys, I havent really ever posted here in here (mostly hang around the gen 2 L forum) but I have a request for everyone in the Northern NJ area that owns a termi...

I have been toying with getting rid of my weekend driver Lightning and my recently acquired dd 2002 audi s4 in favor of a termi for the following reasons:

- makes more sense to have a 6speed weekend car in NJ
- s4 is expensive to maintain as a dd... id rather just get a superbeater
- i want the handling of an s4, but the brutality and obnoxiousness of my L all in one car
- i love my L, and told myself i would never sell it... but after get out of the s4 and into the truck, I only wish that the truck was as good around the corners as it is loud, awesome looking, and quick

i want to check out a terminator in person in order to know if this plan of mine is even feasible. here are my reservations:
- i'm a tall guy (6'4" or so) with long legs and ive been told the termi is a bit cramped to some.
- 2 years ago i traded in my L for a 2001 z06 and traded the dealer back 3 days later. the z was fast, but it was not as fun to drive as the truck. it wasn't loud, and i didnt feel like i could take advantage of all of its power while driving around town simply because it is geared so tall (essentially i felt like i was driving a caddy from the cockpit of a fighter jet). that being said, i've always heard that the z is most certainly an upgrade from the termi. i want to see if i get that feeling, or if i feel like the terminator is just a better handling Lightning haha.

"What is in this for me!??" you may ask. I am willing to offer a ride in either vehicle that I own and throw in a heaping dose of "good conversation with a fellow SVT enthusiast in person rather than online" in return!

I live in mendham (right near morristown) and im willing to drive a little to meet anyone that will take me for a ride in their car/possibly let me drive it. Shoot me a PM or reply if you're interested.

- Artie

hotcobra03

Established Member
good luck finding someone to let you drive thir cobra.a ride will only make you want one..brought mine at toms ford in keyport..they let us test drive one that we did buy..it had 4000 miles and we paid 29,500..it now lives in texas so it will never rust and it has now a very enjoyable 211,000 and still runs 12`s stock

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
good luck finding someone to let you drive thir cobra.a ride will only make you want one..brought mine at toms ford in keyport..they let us test drive one that we did buy..it had 4000 miles and we paid 29,500..it now lives in texas so it will never rust and it has now a very enjoyable 211,000 and still runs 12`s stock

i hope that someone would at least let me drive one at extremely low speeds even if its in a parking lot etc... it's not like im not used to a 450rwhp Lightning.

hotcobra03

Established Member
most guys think they have a supercar or something,,im 6ft tall and i fit fine in the car but it might be alittle tighter for you..any 03 mustang with a stick should be the same except the cobra sits are a lot better..when we got our car in jersey we drove it that week to san antiono and back twice thats about 10,000 miles in 2 weeks and you couldnt pry me off of the car..i rented a charger to go to ohio 4hr in the seat and i felt like i was at church when i got to ohio i spent 2 days in a hot tub.drove back sitting on a pillow..i did look at the lightning first.love the look but wasnt happy with the seats,i can understand what you dealing with.the cobra is made for for 2 back seat is very small if you were in texas i let you drive mine maybe check out some car lots pulling up in your lightning will help

SkippyMcGee

Established Member
wow, nobody in NJ will let me sit in/ride in their cobra!? i understand the driving thing... i literally just want to see if i fit in one! well, off to a dealer.

hotcobra03

Established Member
sorry skippy McGee..born and raised monmouth county,39 yrs..wont catch me back anytime soon..We live just south off the snow line..nothing like driving your cobra everyday..hell my garden hose stays on all year,Wish you luck at the dealers.the cobra is faster than the z06 of that year,and as you should know all ready will run low 11`s with minor bolt ons.just go buy one,,the seat will go back more than enough for you,but you need long arms to hit third hard,and like Jim D~Amore from jdm,you left leg might hit the steering wheel ..i think hes about 6`4 and built like a brick shit house,,lol his dad raised me when i was a troubled teen..he is into lightnings but cobras are better

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
A tech at Precision Auto Tune that was servicing my car asked if he could take it out for a spin because he was thinking about buying one... I told him he'd be better off asking if he could borrow my girlfriend!!! :lol1: Nah, but I did offer to take him for a ride and he accepted. I'd be willing if I lived up that way...

Good luck finding one though, dealership is where i'd start. I'm sure with these gas prices, they'll be eager to get it off their lot. Show alot of interest, they'll let you drive it.

"but you need long arms to hit third hard"

invest in a mgw shifter and that will eliminate that problem and give you a much better shift.

Last edited:

BoostFiend

Say NO to FUPA!
Established Member
Having owned a Lightning and a Terminator I can speak from experience. I loved my L but the Cobra is just a different beast. You won't be disappointed. I am 6' 1" , 230lbs and I fit in the Cobra pretty well, it is a bit more cramped than the Lightning but the seats are more comfortable. Hopefully someone will take you for a ride or let you drive so you can see for yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread