A question about cutouts?????

bandit_48032

Established Member
So I came home from college this weekend to spend time with friends for Easter. My buddy Dan has a 95 Trans Am and he put pacesetter headers and a cutout on his vehicle. I swear, I have never heard anything as loud as this in my entire life.

My question is, if I were to go with long tube headers, an offroad X or H pipe, 2 cut outs, and the SLP Loudmouth 1 on an 03/04 Terminator, is this enough backpressure for the vehicle.

With this set up and driving with the cutouts off, can this hurt the vehicle, or hurt horsepower ot torque? I hear that it helps as much as I have heard it hurts.

With the cutouts closed up would it flow just as well as it would with just the headers o/r H or X, and loudmouth? I'm thinking sense the 2 coutouts have the extra pipe that comes out of the main pipe it might not flow as well as just the straight pipeing coming from the X/H to the catback.

haha I probably sound like a moron and I'm sure you guys can barely understand what I'm trying to say. Hopefully you do though and you can comment back!

I want the most loud, mean, and aggressive sound out there. If the cutouts are open and hurt the horsepower or torque but not damage the car I'll be ok with that. But if the cutouts closed up will still hurt the horsepower to torque I don't wanna get them.

Let me know how you guys feel about cut outs! Thanks!

:rockon:

Last edited:

bandit_48032

Established Member
VirtualSVT said:
cutouts:

F-body=Yes
Mustang=**** NO.

question answered. any confusion reread the above.

Any confusion reread the above haha, I like it. Thanks for the reply!

bandit_48032

Established Member
Come on, I know someone has to have some quality information for me out there! I would really like to go with cut outs. It's extremely loud and sounds mean as hell but I don't wanna blow my car up or sacrifice horsepower or torque loss even if I close them! Can't someone tell me more about them and give me some info! :(

Users who are viewing this thread