A possible Navy phony...can someone answer a few questions for me?

96project

Established Member
Not in the navy, but it's pretty strange to only have one uniform?? Plus, if hes active duty they wouldn't let him be home going to school full time and have a civilian job. Reserve component, yes.. but not active duty. As far as the "deployment".. yeah his unit could know that they were planning a deployment that far in advance.. but you don't "deploy" to japan. I would think he could be stationed in japan, but a deployment would be on a ship or sub for 6 months or to the middle east. I could be wrong, hopefully a navy person will chime in. But it sounds kinda fishy to me also.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
First, feel free to take the smiley face off this ****tard's picture.

I was active Navy for 5 years, and Inactive Reserve for 3. Im no expert, but I know a thing or two.

1. He is supposedly stationed in Hawaii, but is in Arkansas 'on leave' to work full-time at a civilian job, as well as going to college.

**** no.. If he is Stationed in Hawaii, thats where he lives, thats where he works. He could be on leave, but theres no way in hell he can attend school and work full time while just on leave. He might be a reservist, but Im pretty sure he wouldnt be "stationed" in HI if he lives in Arkansas

2. He is an E-3 with 3 years Time In Service, yet only has 2 ribbons.

It is possible to be an E-3 with 3 years. Starting at E-1, it takes 18 months to make E-3 IIRC, then another 6 months to be eligible for the E-4 exam, so basically 24 months before your E4 eligible. Either he wasnt advanced, or he was, then got knocked back down. That still doesnt explain why, in the picture, that there is no rating/rank badge, or unit rocker on "his" uniform.

As for the ribbons, I was in for 5, and I think I only have 5 ribbons. The ribbons he has on appear to be the National Defense Service Medal (Everyone serving after September 11 gets one), and what looks like a Marksmanship with an Expert E. Ask to see his military ID.

3. He has informed his bride to be that he is 'deploying' to Japan with 2 years notice, and then changed it to May of next year. This is right after they set their wedding date, which magically is the same time as his deployment.

I could be wrong, but you wont get orders that far out.

4. He claims to only have the stereotypical Navy uniform and does not have any others.

If he does not have a full seabag, then he isnt in, reserves or especially active. Its a requirement.

Nothing seems quite right, but I cant be certain because I am ex-Air Force. Can you guys help?

Attached is a picture where he showed up off-duty to flaunt around his girls college.

Cliffs: Guy claims to be Navy, but nothing adds up.
freak.gif

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
Thanks guys.

I was pretty sure I was correct for the most part, but being an Air Force guy, I only know so much about the other branches in detail like that.

Is there any Active guys that can look his name up in the E-mail Portal?

Im just trying to save my wife's friend from a life of lies and heartache.

Thanks everyone.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Can I ask whereabouts in Arkansas? I might be able to arrange a face to face meeting with a handful of Marines and Soldiers to check this guy out...

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Oh, and 1 more thing.. If he was Navy, he'd know that the kneckerchief knot sits right at the bottom of the opening on the jumper, and you wear a clean white t shirt underneath it.

mustangjunkie

Mach 1 *****
Established Member
Feel free to shoot me a PM. The thing is, the guy will not spill any other info to his girl about his military status, other than rank and deploying. I sent him a message and he won't respond to me, and I have base access so I could pay him a visit if I knew where he worked, but I don't.

I just have a name, 'supposed' rank, and branch.

Nosdog2

Hi my name is...
Established Member
If he is an e3, he would have it on his sleeve, and after 3 years he would have his unit "rocker" on his opposite shoulder of the unit he is assigned to. And you wouldn't be caught wearing a black tshirt under your dress uniform.

Also depending on when the photo was taken, even though you can wear your dress blues to a formal event any time of year, this is rare, he should be in summer whites, not his dress blues. Tell her to run.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Navy Chief here. Looks as if the uniform, if real, is supposed to fit someone 30 lbs lighter. I have been in this business for a while and especially this day and age, you are lucky to get orders a month out. If I would catch a sailor disrespecting the "cracker jacks" by wearing a black shirt, I would probably string him/her up by their neckerchief. What a tool! Tell her to run and if she buys into it, well dumb is meant for dumb.

Last edited:

speedsun

Established Member
how old is that pic? I only ask because that is an original xbox in the background. The dresser looks to be a typical military barracks/dorms issued furniture.

My opinion, he was a E-3 in the Navy... screwed up and got the boot. Probably kept the uniform as a strategic plan to get chicks. But got fat and can hardly fit into it. Tell her to run.

HPRacing

SVTP Lurker
Established Member
how old is that pic? I only ask because that is an original xbox in the background. The dresser looks to be a typical military barracks/dorms issued furniture.

My opinion, he was a E-3 in the Navy... screwed up and got the boot. Probably kept the uniform as a strategic plan to get chicks. But got fat and can hardly fit into it. Tell her to run.

...Attached is a picture where he showed up off-duty to flaunt around his girls college.

As OP described, this was at the girlfriend's college -OR- he has pink bedding?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Guy either bought at a surplus store or was kicked out in boot camp or shortly afterwards.

Like stated would likely have E-3 rank on sleeve. No Good conduct medal?(may not be that surprising)

Someone double check me but don't think you can get to 10 years as an E-3. I believe high-year tenure would kick-in?

May be reservist but still looks like ass in uniform. white t-shirt underneath

But why pose as an E-3...not exactly the top of the enlisted food chain?

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member

+1..that may be it exactly..Kicked out for being fat??? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread