A plus for Amsoil

cobraboss

Established Member
Jon Kaase believes in Amsoil.
Scan_zps54225ef7.jpg

mr2cam

Established Member
Very cool, I run the 15W50 dominator series in my monza!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Amsoil Dominator RD series of lubricants are awesome. Using RD30 in your high HP street driven modular returns super low wear and awesome performance. You can safely run it for 5,000 miles or 6 months. Even after 6 months and 3,500 miles on the last sample sent to me. TBN was still 4.0

It was wasted when he drained it, and could have gone longer.

I'd put Amsoil Dominator "RD" against Royal Purple XPR in a head to head competition any day of the week. Dominator is half the price when buying at preferred customer cost. $10.15 per quart

When my 2014 GT is twin turbos, it will have RD30 in it.

Last edited:

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
At what point should i consider switching from amsoil 10w40 to the rd30? Performance mods for me are 127mm cai,lund tune,off road h pipe, and stainless works cat back.

Kenneth

Established Member
In this weather, you can switch right now. For a street car, run it year round.

Not sure IF I should switch also.
Been running 10w40 in my car for the last couple oil changes.

Car is a daily driver, about 12-14K a year.
Right now making 670ish rwhp, but next week should be just over 700 rwhp.

oldmodman

Established Member
And did you read the article about Jon's winning 4V Cobra engine. It made hundreds more horsepower normally aspirated than a lot of blown Cobras make with the power adder.

720hp and 665.9tq

But my favorite engine of his is still the Boss Nine. What a great looking engine and who doesn't like 1200 hp on pump gas with no power adder.

Last edited:

NasteeNate

2V Warrior
Established Member
And did you read the article about Jon's winning 4V Cobra engine. It made hundreds more horsepower normally aspirated than a lot of blown Cobras make with the power adder.

720hp and 665.9tq

But my favorite engine of his is still the Boss Nine. What a great looking engine and who doesn't like 1200 hp on pump gas with no power adder.

Boss 9!!!!!! :rockon:

Amsoil FTW! :rockon:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
2014 AMSOIL Engine Masters Challenge Official Rules - Popular Hot Rodding

"OIL
All engines must be shipped “dry”. Engine will be required to use at least 5 quarts of oil. Participants will only use supplied oil for competition. Propylene Oxide or other oxidizing agents/substances prohibited. Oil is provided at the event.
OIL ADDITIVES
No oil additives permitted."

Emphasis added by me.

Just saying...
He technically does not really have a choice of what engine oil he uses in this particular competition.

The winner and the losers all have to run Amsoil.... period, no choice. It is an Amsoil sponsored event, it's their football, so they get to make the rules.

The Amsoil they use is a great oil!
With that said however, "guys in the know" will do there final tuning and dyno testing back at their shops with a Royal Purple XPR racing oil, and then drain it out and ship the engine "dry" to the competition site.

This will give them a horsepower advantage over competitors that don't do this, because the Synerlec additive used in Royal Purple XPR racing oils creates an ionic bond that can take as much as several hundred miles for the effects to completely wash away.

This is also why we recommend testing a Royal Purple oil that contains our proprietary Synerlec additive technology last, during any same day back to back dyno testing.

Just to be clear, the competitors do not have a choice on engine oils in this competition.

Why do you suppose that is?

oldmodman

Established Member
Jimmy. Have either RP or Amsoil done a back to back dyno comparison?

Install already broken in engine on dyno. Run one of the oils for 30 minutes. Dyno engine three times.

Drain oil. Refill with other oil. Run 30 minutes then dyno three times.

That is the comparison I would like to see.

I wonder if we would even see two hp difference on a 650 hp NA engine.

And each oil manufacturer do the test in their own dyno cell with their own engine.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Jimmy. Have either RP or Amsoil done a back to back dyno comparison?

Install already broken in engine on dyno. Run one of the oils for 30 minutes. Dyno engine three times.

Drain oil. Refill with other oil. Run 30 minutes then dyno three times.

That is the comparison I would like to see.

I wonder if we would even see two hp difference on a 650 hp NA engine.

And each oil manufacturer do the test in their own dyno cell with their own engine.

Not that I am aware of.
I would love to see it too!

To be credible it would pretty much have to be performed or hosted by third party with no dog in the fight.

Perhaps that is why I have not seen it yet. Pretty confident which oil will facilitate the production of more horsepower... :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread