A-plan....X-plan Question

mrGT

Established Member
This may be a dumb question for many of you, but I'd like to know.....

What are these plans? and how do they function?

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
If you do a search you will come up with much greater detail.

But basically A-plan is the Ford discount its employees get. Typically it is 4% below invoice and you dont pay any other fees and no destination charges either.

X-Plan is for Ford Partners and Friends. It is similar to A-Plan but you pay destination charges, no dealer fees and it is about 4% higher than A-Plan.

mrGT

Established Member
FordSVTFan
THANKS for the inlightenment. I've just been seeing those plan names thrown around and I didn't know what they were.

Thrust,
If I could find one, I want the new Shelby.....but I would guess that the only plan available for that one will be the "P-Plan"....MSRP Plus. Is that your take?

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
mrGT said:
FordSVTFan
THANKS for the inlightenment. I've just been seeing those plan names thrown around and I didn't know what they were.

Thrust,
If I could find one, I want the new Shelby.....but I would guess that the only plan available for that one will be the "P-Plan"....MSRP Plus. Is that your take?

With the number of Shelbys being produced and the way they are allotting dealers, you will not find one that will accept any discount plan.

Thrust

Established Member
Unfortuneatly I highly doubt that you would be able to get a gt500 with any plan.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I am a Ford partner (through work) and I picked up my 04 Cobra at 0% interest with the X-plan and a local dealer incentive offer of $1,000 off. Now I had to wait until winter 04 to get that pricing. Even at that time not all dealers would offer the X-plan. It really depends on several factors.

However, I have no doubt that eventually you will be able to get a GT500 at X-plan or A-plan - if you are patient enough to wait until Novemeber -December 06. I have another theory, Ford will come out with a better GT500 (twin screw?) and then the existing GT500's on the lot will sit and sit, and then drop in price.

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
SVTkel said:
...I have no doubt that eventually you will be able to get a GT500 at X-plan or A-plan - if you are patient enough...
+1 :thumbsup:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
It is not necessarily true that you will NOT be able to find a dealer that offers A or X plan on the GT500.

I was told the same thing with the last 3 Cobras I purchased...but...I found the right dealers that value customer loyalty and passed on the discounts. All of my purchases were first run cars as well...not deep into production.

It is true that my experience is the exception and not the rule...but...
exercise due diligence and you shall be rewarded. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread